Horobi no Kuni no Seifukusha - Vol. 3 Ch. 13 - A New Encounter

Dex-chan lover
Oh my god... I was really hoping they would just time skip it and be done in a few chapters... But with his pacing it's going to take tens of chapters to get through the goddamn school arc. What's the fucking fuck point of putting reincarnated ppl with children, to show how superior an adult is compared to kids? To make all the middle schoolers self insert?
Fuck school arcs, it's where creativity goes to die. Imagine having a goddamn fantasy setting and then putting it in he most boring, generic, confining setting possible just wasting the fantasy setting. They could've just time skipped it with 2 or 4 chapters with the chapters highlighting the relationships formed there, but no, you HAVE to show this stupid child drama and show off the protagonist in the lamest way possible, him winning against fucking children, oh wow what a badass...
Anyways, thank you for the high quality translation. See you when this shit arcs over.

Dex-chan lover
So magic do exist in this world and they are likely lying to him about how being a witch has nothing to do with magic.
It didn't made sense why they would let the females be in charge of politics and administration but it now makes some sense.

Dex-chan lover
The princess doesn't like Yuuri cause of his aloofness; he's irritating me cause he gives off a pretentious vibe, though that maybe due to him being an adult, and it's just isekai/reincarnated making it weird.
@AlphaFlow, you said what I wanted to say, but faster

Double-page supporter
Oh my god... I was really hoping they would just time skip it and be done in a few chapters... But with his pacing it's going to take tens of chapters to get through the goddamn school arc. What's the fucking fuck point of putting reincarnated ppl with children, to show how superior an adult is compared to kids? To make all the middle schoolers self insert?
Fuck school arcs, it's where creativity goes to die. Imagine having a goddamn fantasy setting and then putting it in he most boring, generic, confining setting possible just wasting the fantasy setting. They could've just time skipped it with 2 or 4 chapters with the chapters highlighting the relationships formed there, but no, you HAVE to show this stupid child drama and show off the protagonist in the lamest way possible, him winning against fucking children, oh wow what a badass...
Anyways, thank you for the high quality translation. See you when this shit arcs over.
The school arc has time skips in the LN. The development of the MC's interpersonal relationships is an important part of the story. The MC will also be staying in school until his 20s, so skipping all of it will be problematic for the story telling process

Dex-chan lover
The point of school arcs is to show how they, and us, learn about the society they now live in and make connections that will be the base for later actions in the story. There are a lot that can be done in the school arc and most of it don't even focus on the school part but in the events involving the characters that are going to be of note in the future or something that will change the protag way of be.

Dex-chan lover
"You don't have to worry about that thought. I won't try too hard."
Dude, you really know how to make a flame. :cool:

Sesame Street Elmo in flame

Dex-chan lover
There will be a big time skip, but we need to setup things that will happen during it

Dex-chan lover
Worry not, this is not your average school arc. It's not a copy-paste japanese school but a medieval fantasy school, set in the Royal Capital. They'll be worldbuilding, introducing geopolitics, meeting characters and having them undergo arcs.

Dex-chan lover
Da fuk dude? It's obviously for the character development, you'd have none when you just randomly skip ahead and just "so that happened" to explain it all, also time skip is just separated by book volumes.

School arc in Isekai is also important as exposition arc as you got easy reason for some world building. As you're basically learning things at the same time the Mc does.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I'm gonna assume this roomie's a foul-mouth, but ultimately from some kind of stand-up loyal family of knights, and once Yuuri beats a thing or two into him this guy's gonna end up being his right-hand knight or something once he gains actual power.

Dex-chan lover
Honestly, at this point, I would just roll my eyes having to deal with a person like that.

Dex-chan lover
Siam is the superior girl!
God another one?! What the hell do these 10 year olds have to be so arrogant about?

Double-page supporter
its character introduction chapter, there will be at least few more chapter before the time skip to 2nd year.
and another character introduction (sham and her classmates)
and another timeskip and finally touching why the title is the title.
this school are pretty much where he meet all his ally and almost every key person in his road for conqueror.

well its slow burning story, this is still in the second half of the 1st volume, and he still in the school in LN vol.6 so you better expect the worse if you don't like school setting.

while it has fantasy setting this is pretty much a kingdom building story, so character development and world building are quite dense.

Wait, what? His new friend says: " I look forward to working with you for the next 15 years.", does that mean MC will stay in this Royal Academic School for the next 15 years??? :questionblob:

Dex-chan lover
Beat the mob boss to control the mob from the shadows.
Any spoilers on the cousin?

Thanks for the TL

Users who are viewing this thread