Horobi no Kuni no Seifukusha

Dex-chan lover
Seems interesting. 2bad no one gives it the chance to see how it does with later chapters

So goofy that suddenly we have three groups translating this all in the course of a few days.
Still, I appreciate y'all; had this saved for months!

Dex-chan lover
So far the writing was interesting and has a lot of potential, it has similiar feeling to Isekai Tensei Sodouki.
Well, I look forward for the future

Double-page supporter
Been doing so many junk isekai lately, I dunno how to handle a story that isn't a cookie cutter cheat skill romp. Which is not at all a bad thing. I find myself quibbling over thought process but as long as things remain internally consistent I have no actual complaints. Hope this gets healthy updates.

It's actually good.
Wanted to go to sleep after not finding new updates on the manga I want to read.
Remembered that scanslation groups should have list of manga they've been translating.
Found this gem, and now it's 5am.

Dex-chan lover
It is actually shit. None of the characters are acting like real people.

Dex-chan lover
I read it to volume 6 of the LN and I’d say….

You’ll be in a lot of disappointment if you’re expecting the story to be immersive, sensible, and reasonable despite the attempt to make it somewhat realistic. It just misses more and more details as the story progresses to the point where you can’t help but sigh, and say “Alright, I’ll treat it as another grade B isekai.”

If you want some isekai realism and otherworld politic I’d recommend Risou no Himo Seikatsu or Ascendance of a Bookwork.

(Taken from my comment on chapter 14 or 15, around there, I don't remember)

I saw some people type out spoilers ahead, and I just wanted to give my thoughts about the spoilers, the series as a whole, and what's to come, especially in regards to the light novels.

As of now, there are 7 light novels published, of which all are translated, with the 7th being recently translated (officially) after a long time. This manga chapter is towards the end of novel 1.

Volumes 1,2,3 serve as the world building and prologue to the story, and also serves as the build up to the climax in volumes 4 and 5. This first set of books, imo, is very satisfying and peak for the series. It's a real treat.

Volumes 6 serves as the cool-off for the previous climax, becoming similar to volumes 1,2,3 in preparation for the next climax. Except the climax didn't hear no bell and blindsides you with a "oh f**ck" cliffhanger after you thought they were gonna build up to it like last time. Volumes 7 then continues that 2nd climax and continues on, but leaving you with severe anxiety about what will happen next.

Now, it's been a couple years since the author released the latest volume (vol 7). I don't know if volume 8 is in production or not. The time between vol 7 and supposed vol 8 will be much vaster compared to previous volumes. So vast, in fact, that j novel was able to catch up to the japanese releases. Events after vol 7 would be about ch200 and onward in the web novel, and since there are about 100 more chapters in the web novel, there's enough content for at least 3 more light novels.

Volume 8 (if it ever gets released) will make or break the series for you. The events that will happen in this volume will likely make lots of people drop this series. What the author did in this volume is ballsy, and might trigger backlash from the fans. It's probably why the author hasn't released volume 8 normally like the other volumes. He might be under pressure from his publisher to change the events and differ from the web novel (like in overlord or seirei gensouki), but the likelihood of that happening is slim.

After the events that transpired in volume 8, the series, for me at least, just became dull and monotone. One of the things that made the series great was no longer there, and I no longer felt invested in the series. It just felt empty without that element there.

Anyway, those are my thoughts for the series as a whole. Volumes 1-7 are a great read, but if volume 8 is ever published and follows the web novel, it will be controversial.

Peak

crying-one-piece.gif

Users who are viewing this thread