Hoshino-kun, Shitagatte! - Vol. 1 Ch. 13

One of the funniest mangas I've read in a long ass time, Yamada is hilarious. Absolutely no idea why people don't like it, guessing they just don't have much of a sense of humour

Dex-chan lover
It seems like there's some manga that people dog pile on complaining about the ending, just because it's not the ending they wanted (ahem, Prison School - Hana is a perfect match for MC and they deserve each other, deal wiv it), or the ending is a bad ending (in the unhappy / a game's "bad end" sense).

This is not one of those endings. This was awful writing, and a waste of a fine mangaka's talents. 100% deserves all the ire it's earning.

For the record, my problem is just that I despise the main character.
If it's good or not doesn't matter, this isn't abou the "writing" also, it's just that the main character is disgusting.

Dex-chan lover
Follow-up to my comment from chapter 10
97b

The way this whole manga was so terrible from start to finish is something I will contemplate for days and weeks to come. Like can someone tell me how can a normal human being write this shit willingly, with no gun whatsoever pointed towards their dog. Like really how.

Double-page supporter
For the record, my problem is just that I despise the main character.
If it's good or not doesn't matter, this isn't abou the "writing" also, it's just that the main character is disgusting.
That kind of thing always makes me think -- like, a book where you end up hating the book because you hate a main character (Wuthering Heights for me - gawd I wish Heathcliff just got dysentery and croaked), or a movie with an infuriating protagonist played by a talented actor.
If it's written well enough that I feel such a strong emotion as hate, then was it a good book after all? Is it a 10/10 for good enough writing to make me emotionally involved, or a 1/10 because I was angry the whole time I was reading?
I try to vote on MD with the former criteria not the latter... but I'll still never read Wuthering Heights again.

One of the funniest mangas I've read in a long ass time, Yamada is hilarious. Absolutely no idea why people don't like it, guessing they just don't have much of a sense of humour
I think because most of them are the artist fan, where they are expecting a romcom that lean to romance side rather than a comedy manga it's a good comedy read that kinda invoked the 'IASIP' style of humour.

I think because most of them are the artist fan, where they are expecting a romcom that lean to romance side rather than a comedy manga it's a good comedy read that kinda invoked the 'IASIP' style of humour.
I haven't read the artists other work (the art in this manga was phenomenal though, so I might), but can you really limit yourself to always expecting the same thing from an artist, and pushing back when they make something different?
I get tastes are different and all, but I thought comedies with unlikable characters were pretty common nowadays, and in my own personal opinion, Yamada is so unlikable that she circles right back around to being super likable, just by virtue of being funny. Not someone I'd want to hang out with in real life, but very much the kind of person that's entertaining to read about in a manga like this

Fed-Kun's army
Hahahaha, hellla good from beginning to the end.
Expecting more of this duo, author/artist.

The amount of dickriding for Ojiro Makoto is craaazy. People really do read the stories seeing the author rather than the premise huh?
My thoughts on it, yea the writing had vast inconsistencies but I liked the majority of the jokes and both the characters. Readers really just want to see the female leads grabbing male leads dicks and teasing about it when they see the "teasing" premise lmao. Better than Nagatoro and all the gyaru shit by far.

Users who are viewing this thread