The Two Faces of Misaki Hoshino - Vol. 13 Ch. 106.5 - Omake Chapter

It's strange though, like, how you can have the MC and FMC kiss in chapter 105 and then have the FMC ignore the MC in the next (ending) chapter? Also, as shown in chapter 106.5, doesn't that mean that FMC ignored him for at least 5 years (one year in high school and 4 years in college)?
I'm confused.
The short of it is that:
They liked each other but felt like they weren’t ready for the relationship as they hadn’t really grown. The initial point of them being paired together to do the makeup thing (and the original point in the beginning story) was so that they could grow out of their shells as individuals but all that ended up happening was they became dependent on each other and didn’t grow. So the entire initial issue wasn’t resolved as the romance came.
The point of chapter 106 is supposed to be that the mc finally is able to start breaking out of shell by himself/without help and starts said growth.
After that, they work on themselves for those years and seemingly keep in contact via text (not completely ignoring each other) and then when they felt ready, they reunite. This honestly could have been an entire arc instead of 2 chapters and timeskips lol.

Dex-chan lover
I really feel like the author did not know how to end it, nor how to create believable drama.

For me, the las two arcs felt like made up conflict that could have been solved with simple communication.

For a manga whos message is about going out of your comfort zone and live youth, it pretty much ended the same as it strarted. I agree with others that the final fianal ending was just to try to repair it.

It's strange though, like, how you can have the MC and FMC kiss in chapter 105 and then have the FMC ignore the MC in the next (ending) chapter? Also, as shown in chapter 106.5, doesn't that mean that FMC ignored him for at least 5 years (one year in high school and 4 years in college)?
I'm confused.
The coming of age ceremony is when you become 20 years old, so like two or three years passed I guess? Honestly I also think it's weird to ignore each other like that but it's not really FEMC's fault. I think the ending is fine but the author shoulda have finished developing the romance during the actual manga and not in an omake

Dex-chan lover
Having binged the entire thing this ending is definitely nowhere near as bad as people have made it out to be. Just mostly a "huh really?" moment. The most egregious part of it is that Riho's confession is just kinda shoved in there without any follow up.

Anyways, I think the main issue is just that the rest of the manga is really not good, the author occasionally some fairly fun and interesting ideas but has no idea how to actually execute them well and develop off of them, which wasn't too big of a problem during the first few arcs but when we get to the school trip arc the whole manga honestly just starts falling apart with constant over the top drama after drama arc with no breather inbetween that allows the main couple to develop or resolve anything that was set up previously.

It kinda feels like the ending is the author just saying "ok whatever I give up" after failing to give the MCs and their relationship any substantial development for the past 100 chapters.

Last edited:
this kinda ruined the bittersweet coming of age feel to the finale even ignoring its plain bad execution. I liked the idea of people moving on because truth of the matter is that most of your teenage relationships will fizzle out after you stop seeing those people, and even those you considered "friendships" will eventually end. and that's in a system that puts you in one class for your whole stay in one place on any given educational step, can't imagine how it is when they rotate you every year or semester.

still, thanks for finishing it. I've been reading this in 2018 or 2019 and at the time fairly liked it so now it's over four years later and I finally got to know how it ends.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Luckily the author dude added this true ending, someone would have burned his house down if he didn't.

Banned
Even so, bombing this with 1 star just seems undeserved, at least give it a 4-7. The start is very good, it just went downhill near the drama arcs

Banned
The short of it is that:
They liked each other but felt like they weren’t ready for the relationship as they hadn’t really grown. The initial point of them being paired together to do the makeup thing (and the original point in the beginning story) was so that they could grow out of their shells as individuals but all that ended up happening was they became dependent on each other and didn’t grow. So the entire initial issue wasn’t resolved as the romance came.
The point of chapter 106 is supposed to be that the mc finally is able to start breaking out of shell by himself/without help and starts said growth.
After that, they work on themselves for those years and seemingly keep in contact via text (not completely ignoring each other) and then when they felt ready, they reunite. This honestly could have been an entire arc instead of 2 chapters and timeskips lol.
Yeah honestly this should've been the final arc instead of that shit show of reuniting with Riho the clique leader but I guess it's way harder to write.

Dex-chan lover
Even so, bombing this with 1 star just seems undeserved, at least give it a 4-7. The start is very good, it just went downhill near the drama arcs
Yeah, more like a 6 for me. If the story ended in the bridge it would have been like a 7 or 8. It's just that last third that is redundant and childish, someone could do a doujin to just stop the story right there, they become a couple, Hoshino's friends were supportive of her struggle and the glasses girl kicked her mom in the coot and went to live with the gal, 2 couples, 2 happy endings.

If the story ended in the bridge it would have been like a 7 or 8.
If the story ended in the bridge, their romance would be disaster. In the time, they each of them felt insecure and like they don't deserve of other one. They just had need room to grow indepetly, and then they coud met at coming of age ceremony as "complete" persons and made realy strong relationship.

The actual happy ending is not very realistic, but, in fact, it is the ONLY happy ending they could achieve.

Users who are viewing this thread