Hoshino, Me o Tsubutte - Vol. 8 Ch. 66 - Neon Light (2)

Dex-chan lover
I've never seen so much denial in my entire life, lol. But this thread takes the cake.

And no this isn't getting cancelled, we have two more volumes to go through.

Soo much denial also manga isn’t axed, the translators said the RAWs are at chapter 100 and that the mangaka doesn’t plan on stopping anytime soon.

I guess people are just so used to indecisive MCs and authors putting off their readers by endless harem stories that a rather normal plot suddenly feels rushed.

Contributor
Well, I guess that shows she's just as dumb as he is. 0% chance this doesn't cause more unnecessary drama.

Dex-chan lover
I know people are complaining but this is perfectly in character for Hoshino. She's been hiding shit the entire fucking series because she's embarassed and doesn't want to fully commit to something that might cause her to lose her friends. It's even brought up in this chapter that the Teacher is hoping that Hoshino will finally meet someone who she loves enough to break out of her safety net and go for her own happiness regardless of what everyone thinks.

The truth is that it's not easy to change that quickly. Look at Kobayawaki our main character, his self-hate was addressed in an earlier arc. He still of course hasn't fully gotten over it but is actively trying to, and I think that's the point here. Hoshino is finally trying to change and this 'trying' - bit is a large part of the series for all the characters.

My only real complaint about the series is the focus on some of the earlier arcs was boring as hell. Like the stranded on an island meme arc.
I've also never liked Kanou's magic gyaru to non-gyaru transformation. Could we really not have her just be a gyaru and keep it at that? I mean her being two different people is still an ongoing misunderstanding drama thing. It's annoying as fuck.
I think all this recent stuff has been leagues better in comparison.

Dex-chan lover
As someone who was on the SS Kanou but knew full well that Hoshino was going to win, some of you are crazy.

The development makes complete sense, it's been built up for, oh I dunno, the entire manga, it's an actual reciprocated relationship between two people who like each other and it didn't take an entire manga to do it. This is the rare fucking golden goose my friends.

We should be cheering this shit for being one out of 40,000 manga to actually do this.

And obviously we can be mad at her wanting to keep it a secret as we know it's just going to create way more drama. But this is a fucking drama manga, what have y'all been reading?

Dex-chan lover
I didn't expect them to start dating for real. It's fun since just two chapters ago Kobayakawa was going to accept Kanou's feelings.

Dex-chan lover
That was interesting but I'm fine with it. Not sure I understand how it complements his logic from when he turned down Kanou. Like, Kanou and Matsukata are only gonna make up now so that they can hate MC in equal measure. Doesn't really help his logic of wanting everyone to get along, though.

Contributor
I hope it goes like Jitsu wa with mcs being couple for longer than number of chapter it took them to get together.

Dex-chan lover
this is my theory, they gonna start going out and someway or another shit is not going to work out then he can pick the gyaru girl plz

Dex-chan lover
Meanwhile the teacher who came back to pick them up didn't go together with the kids...

wtf is this? progress in my romcom? you don't see that often.

ss kanou will make a comeback once "irreconcilable differences"-chan makes an appearance.

its too early for them to get together. there's a trick to it for sure. I don't see them ending up together in the end.

Ah, this thread makes up for all these chapters. So many hopeful people still believing that this time the romcom gods will smile on them if they remain faithful.

Users who are viewing this thread