Houkago no Idol ni wa Himitsu ga aru - Vol. 2 Ch. 10 - Kuromiya-san and the childhood friend 2

Dex-chan lover
Haaah, idk why Childhood Friends just don't propose once, what will happen at the worst, she/he will say NO? It's like way better than getting NTRed, like c'mon.
No, the worst that can happen is that the two are incapable of maintaining their friendship with the knowledge that one likes the other romantically, so they stop talking and hanging out as much and continue drifting apart until their friendship is a faint memory.

So they feel it'd be better for their love to be unrequited than to (possibly) lose a good friend.

Dex-chan lover
I hope she's just a wingwoman and not a childhood friend who's in love with the protagonist and will only confess when the game is over. Seriously can't we have a female childhood friend who's not in love with the protagonist.

And thanks for the chapter.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
No, the worst that can happen is that the two are incapable of maintaining their friendship with the knowledge that one likes the other romantically, so they stop talking and hanging out as much and continue drifting apart until their friendship is a faint memory.

So they feel it'd be better for their love to be unrequited than to (possibly) lose a good friend.
But on the other hand even if they don't try their luck and the guy/girl they like start dating another, and they can't get over their feelings, it might lead to the same end because they might distance themselves to not get hurt.

Dex-chan lover
But on the other hand even if they don't try their luck, if the guy/girl they like start dating another, and they can't get over their feelings, it might lead to the same end because they might distance themselves to not get hurt.
Yep. It's a lose/lose situation, but at that point, they deserve to lose, because the only entered the game when it was already over.

That said, in this instance, I think if she were in love with the MC and this was the time she decided to take her shot, realistically, she'd probably succeed, because the MC is still too hung up on being so far below the FMC that he can't really imagine being in a relationship with her.

'Course, we all know that ain't gonna happen, 'cause first girl wins, so here's hoping the melancholy she seems to be feeling isn't one of realizing lost love, but more that her friend isn't exclusively hers anymore.

Dex-chan lover
That said, in this instance, I think if she were in love with the MC and this was the time she decided to take her shot, realistically, she'd probably succeed, because the MC is still too hung up on being so far below the FMC that he can't really imagine being in a relationship with her.

'Course, we all know that ain't gonna happen, 'cause first girl wins, so here's hoping the melancholy she seems to be feeling isn't one of realizing lost love, but more that her friend isn't exclusively hers anymore.
True the "first girl wins" is what generaly happens with few exceptions but i really have no problem with that because in these types of manga the MC and the FMC are the hook of the story, not the others that come after.

So yeah it would be refreshing to have a female childhood friend that would support the MC and not one that would try to get in the way.

Dex-chan lover
Everyone just literally got a breath a sign of relief after being dragged through the mud for years in Blue Box, only for another author to realize that the masochistic manga reading community was lacking a likable childhood friend love triangle, so here we go again maybe?

Dex-chan lover
I must be the only guy that didn’t have a female childhood friend. When I was young all girls had cooties and boys liked boy things like I did.

Users who are viewing this thread