Houkago no Meikyuu Boukensha: Nippon to Isekai wo Ikiki Dekiru You ni Natta Boku wa Level Up ni Isoshimi Masu - Vol. 3 Ch. 12 - Let's Go To Modern Ja…

Dex-chan lover
Another chapter done. For those who don't know the manga got axed, so there's only 15 chapters in total. So, only 3 more to go
So, this manga is nothing more than an advertisement for the LN version...

Dex-chan lover
Wait, it got axed? And just when it was getting interesting, too.

But I guess that was the issue - they were dragging their feet on the plot progression.

Let this be a lesson to all of you aspiring writers - don't wait to get the show on the road. There's only so much exposition that folks are willing to sit through. The sooner you get into the story, the better. (If you want good examples, Diane Duane is a master at this. She hooks you with the very first line!)

Dex-chan lover
People keep saying axe this axe that, but no, it's not axed. An axe happened when the publisher decided the series is not profitable enough to keep running on their magazine, so they shelved it to make place for another series. But for cases like this, they already decided how long it would run from the get-go. Their main business still lied in the novel, so they only commissioned the artist for a short series (usual just 1-2 volumes) to hook the readers in. Only in a few rare cases when they deemed something had potential to be a big hit that they put enough endorsement for its full adaptation, otherwise you should expect a non-original manga would never run for long.

Dex-chan lover
People keep saying axe this axe that, but no, it's not axed. An axe happened when the publisher decided the series is not profitable enough to keep running on their magazine, so they shelved it to make place for another series. But for cases like this, they already decided how long it would run from the get-go. Their main business still lied in the novel, so they only commissioned the artist for a short series (usual just 1-2 volumes) to hook the readers in. Only in a few rare cases when they deemed something had potential to be a big hit that they put enough endorsement for its full adaptation, otherwise you should expect a non-original manga would never run for long.
Ahh, I see. Thanks for explaining. I'll make an edit on my post.

Users who are viewing this thread