Houkago Saitensei! - Vol. 3 Ch. 17 - Reach for the stars (Those who reach out to the stars)

Dex-chan lover
Ngl, it's been a few chapters i started to dislike the direction of the story which doesn't makes sense to me...
Well...
Thank you for your work!

KZO

Dex-chan lover
What? WHAT? I was expecting this to become the next big thing like new game or machikado, maybe not yuru camp or gochiusa levels, but big enough to be a staple, I thought this was just the first arc villain, and fusion makes perfect sense for a first power up. There are tons of classmates they never used, but introduced with names and everything just a while ago, and they barely explored like 2 dungeons in the whole manga. They can start to do things now that they have their memories back, there is so much potential for the adventures of the demon lord and the hero that can jump between worlds. Tons of questions left like who sent and from where came from the robot maid bear?

I don't get it, I just don't get it.

Dex-chan lover
And another one falls prey to Axe-kun.
Really too bad, enjoyed it quite a bit.

Dex-chan lover
The author’s previous work IMO ran fine, ~5 volumes, not sure if it was truly axed, but I think the ending was sufficient.
This one I think is potentially a better series than previous, but doesn’t even get to flesh out on some of its original premises (otherworld exploration). The author should choose another publisher/magazine for the next series so it doesn’t get nipped in the bud again.

Dex-chan lover
Shame this is ending next chapter since I enjoyed the art & the charm it had. At least the ending should feel all right & not feel abrupt. Thanks for the chapter.

Dex-chan lover
What? WHAT? I was expecting this to become the next big thing like new game or machikado, maybe not yuru camp or gochiusa levels, but big enough to be a staple, I thought this was just the first arc villain, and fusion makes perfect sense for a first power up. There are tons of classmates they never used, but introduced with names and everything just a while ago, and they barely explored like 2 dungeons in the whole manga. They can start to do things now that they have their memories back, there is so much potential for the adventures of the demon lord and the hero that can jump between worlds. Tons of questions left like who sent and from where came from the robot maid bear?

I don't get it, I just don't get it.
Axed 🙁

Dex-chan lover
Well for a monthly release, we had a good run. Axed or not her works do well enough as short series, and reading the superwomen yuri series really made me think about whether it actually had enough steam to go beyond the ending besides maybe a SOL spinoff.
All in all, thanks for the Seto Nico

Dex-chan lover
...oh well
Houbunsha may not be the best publishing company, but that doesn't change the fact that Kirara is the most prominent magazine for SOL yuri
Man... splitting Kirara into so many secondary magazines was supposed to mean that they can keep more active series going, and yet they just kept going around waving that axe left and right...

Supporter
This final arc was awful, the SoL isekai/School was a way more enjoyable direction than forcing a serious plot out of nowhere

Users who are viewing this thread