Housewife X JK - Ch. 19

Dex-chan lover
The author knew we would think she's her mom by making their designs similar, pretty damn smart.

Interesting to have a love rival that apparently already gave up.
mwahaha, all of you ppl who thought they were family got bamboozled! take that!

...On the other hand, my claim that they were the same person also seems inaccurate after this chapter ;( They even appeared in the same panel at same time! :notlikethis:

Dex-chan lover
Sigh... while dynasty and MD comment sections are both terrible, how under moderated MD is really make it way worse. Keep it up guys, thank you for the translation.
I went to look at the prior chapter's comments as a result of reading your comment, to verify ("was it really that serious?! :eek:"), and nothing there seems to be the kind that should be moderated.

Sure, some are rather 'harsh', but not in any hostile way, instead they are pointing out a specific page (or other errors, but most of the focus is on one page) as being in need of a fix (and from what I can tell it is fixed now? at least the screenshot in the thread differs from the page when I opened it to check). Constructive feedback in other words, the opposite of what you want moderated.
The 'worst' I saw were ones that expressed overall resignation (regarding the quality) tied directly to the brand/group name, but even that is hardly hostile or in need of moderation (read more like a 'this is the state of the world I live in' kind of sentence; a "[observation (about the chapter)] -> [conclusion (about matching prior experience)]" kind of thing). Sure, they did not point out the exact portions that needed fixing, but they did refer to the sort of thing (ie "typo's" -> aka "automatic spellchecker pass") that could be improved, in general (so still constructive, just not doing the actual proofreader work).

Overall, I can see OP's point about the feedback being emotionally draining (no matter how constructive or not, all negative feedback adds up to diminish motivation). But I disagree with you about it being an issue of moderation.

Dex-chan lover
I went to look at the prior chapter's comments as a result of reading your comment, to verify ("was it really that serious?! :eek:"), and nothing there seems to be the kind that should be moderated.

Sure, some are rather 'harsh', but not in any hostile way, instead they are pointing out a specific page (or other errors, but most of the focus is on one page) as being in need of a fix (and from what I can tell it is fixed now? at least the screenshot in the thread differs from the page when I opened it to check). Constructive feedback in other words, the opposite of what you want moderated.
The 'worst' I saw were ones that expressed overall resignation (regarding the quality) tied directly to the brand/group name, but even that is hardly hostile or in need of moderation (read more like a 'this is the state of the world I live in' kind of sentence; a "[observation (about the chapter)] -> [conclusion (about matching prior experience)]" kind of thing). Sure, they did not point out the exact portions that needed fixing, but they did refer to the sort of thing (ie "typo's" -> aka "automatic spellchecker pass") that could be improved, in general (so still constructive, just not doing the actual proofreader work).

Overall, I can see OP's point about the feedback being emotionally draining (no matter how constructive or not, all negative feedback adds up to diminish motivation). But I disagree with you about it being an issue of moderation.
A couple of things:

- First, the issue on that specific page you saw. It's a very honest mistake and isn't a big issue, yet ppl act like it is, and point it out several times, as they think others haven't said it already. I know from a reader's POV that is nothing much, but as a former translator it really is very annoying when tons of people stressing on an obvious honest mistake I made.

- Second, what is hostile is subjective, but I really can't find this one isn't. This is in no way a constructive feedback, and if you really think it is, sorry I don't want to engage in a conversation with you.

- But most importantly, I didn't say MD's comment is under moderated just because of that thread, it's my overall experience. I once saw a comment telling all people reading a manga (can't remember which) is pedo and should die, reported it, and all the mod did is add a note (yep, not even a warning) saying they shouldn't say that. On dynasty it will be an immediate ban, no question.

So I'll stick to my opinion.

Dex-chan lover
it’s amazing that the mangaka can make them look SO related without same face syndrome. mizuki is much prettier, though (probably cuz she’s an adult and lost the teenaged baby fat)

Dex-chan lover
A couple of things:

- First, the issue on that specific page you saw. It's a very honest mistake and isn't a big issue, yet ppl act like it is, and point it out several times, as they think others haven't said it already. I know from a reader's POV that is nothing much, but as a former translator it really is very annoying when tons of people stressing on an obvious honest mistake I made.
Most ppl don't read the other comments before posting. As for the seriousness of the mistake on that page, I would argue it was serious (as in hard to read), but also clearly merely a simple mistake with easy fix rather than poor quality. Someone most likely just forgot to hide a layer when exporting the image, and the fix is as simple as hiding the layer (a single mouse-click) and re-exporting.
Had they not updated the page afterwards it would be one thing, but they clearly did, so it isn't that thing and imo they did an admirable job (rather than "fire-and-forget").
- Second, what is hostile is subjective, but I really can't find this one isn't. This is in no way a constructive feedback, and if you really think it is, sorry I don't want to engage in a conversation with you.
Oh, good point, had missed that comment somehow (cough too much text cough xD). I wouldn't call it hostile, but I agree it definitely isn't constructive either
(unless you go farfetched and consider things on a super meta level where it's addressed to the community at large to stop caring about sniping... but if he meant it that way he's just outright wrong too, as the reason ppl developed said "code" is because drama has happened when they don't).
- But most importantly, I didn't say MD's comment is under moderated just because of that thread, it's my overall experience. I once saw a comment telling all people reading a manga (can't remember which) is pedo and should die, reported it, and all the mod did is add a note (yep, not even a warning) saying they shouldn't say that. On dynasty it will be an immediate ban, no question.
Ah, fair enough. I interpreted it as you considering that thread in specific to have examples of things that should've gotten moderated, when you meant the community at large (in which case yes, I have seen such cases, even though to me it has been rare). Simple miscommunication there.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Ah, fair enough. I interpreted it as you considering that thread in specific to have examples of things that should've gotten moderated, when you meant the community at large (in which case yes, I have seen such cases, even though to me it has been rare). Simple miscommunication there.
Yes I probably should be more clear in my comment, cuz honestly I don't think that thread in particular was that terrible. But I guess I just wanted to show my empathy to the scanlation teams. Thanks for understanding.

Dex-chan lover
It may sounds ungrateful and honestly I appreciate what you guys are doing but the TL rant was kinda hard for me to understand. I haven't seen as it was said here before, anything unordinary or exceptional negative in the comment section, and if something like that can demotivate you then well you guys will have a really hard time in life and work. Nobody gets positive feedback all the time and this is not even that constructive.

Anyway thank you for the translation!

Dex-chan lover
Yo, so after seeing some of the comments on previous chapter about how much ppl appreciate the work the guys put into this manga of their own free time we simply thought its better to dedicate thoose few hours of time to other manga, so dont expect super quick updates here anymore ill do the QC whenever ill find the time inbetween. And if ya dislike the grammar stuff so much you can always apply and help the team but guess its easier to whine then to actualy help out scanlating :)

P.S. Sorry to thoose that enjoy the manga but yeh such stuff just drains out the energy and motivation from ppl and as ya know squiggles group does tons of manga so thoose few hours of free time will be simply spent elsewhere instead.
And welp the manga is on small break either way so no real reason to do super quick releases.

Rant over lol and enjoy the chapter ^^
I think it's important to remember that feedback, no matter how it's worded, is a vital part of improving any project. I understand that it can be disheartening to read negative comments, especially when they might come across as 'whining'. But as challenging as it may be, it's crucial to see that criticism as an opportunity for growth and improvement rather than just annoyance.

That said, I actually did try to join the server and contribute, but there are way too many channels to find anything, and I'm not about to type up grammar recommendations in general chat. I did see that there was an application process, which maybe would get me access, but I don't want to go through all of that trouble for a manga I barely like.

Dex-chan lover
Thank you for the upload! This series is pretty entertaining, honestly it's an oddly wholesome story about cheating.

Dex-chan lover
(unless you go farfetched and consider things on a super meta level where it's addressed to the community at large to stop caring about sniping... but if he meant it that way he's just outright wrong too, as the reason ppl developed said "code" is because drama has happened when they don't).
The solution to that is not to act like working on something another group already works on as a crime, but simply stop being shit and not create drama over it. Why is it that anime sub groups could coexist, with most series having 2-3 versions from different groups, but manga scanlation groups can't?

Dex-chan lover
The solution to that is not to act like working on something another group already works on as a crime, but simply stop being shit and not create drama over it. Why is it that anime sub groups could coexist, with most series having 2-3 versions from different groups, but manga scanlation groups can't?
That was my point really.

Users who are viewing this thread