How a Single Gold Coin Can Change an Adventurer's Life - Vol. 1 Ch. 3

Fed-Kun's army
Lady, 13 is a big fucking no-no. If you don't age then fucking wait, you pedo.

Dex-chan lover
Well this certainly took a turn. I assumed that this would be a long series about a main character who one day was given a chance on a whim and from there trained and grew as an adventurer until he could earn the respect of the one that gave him the chance and pay her back. On well. This is fine too I guess. More enjoyable to read and I guess more lighthearted(question mark)? I really still don’t know how to feel about this story though

I do wish people would not immediately attack this development because of the age difference though. The first rule of reading is to not apply our stigmatisms, social norms, cultural mentalities, and whatever else. This is an entirely different world with different species. In our own world there was pretty much no choice but for women to marry and have children young before modern medicine just because of how deadly giving birth was. Not to mention how different cultural and society was centuries ago around the world. There were and are many different ideals pertaining to sex and romance. Ours isn’t any more right or wrong. We’re people; not gods. We follow the whims of society and the law reflects our societal norms. This series takes place in a world where a 13 year old can risk his life and become an adventure. Where no one will provide assistance to a kid living on the streets even though the whole town knows him. Where an adult will murder a kid for a quick buck (he didn’t even have anything particularly expensive on him) and can easily get away with it. Clearly there are different ideas about adulthood and minors, and very different consent laws (if any). Are we REALLY going to ignore all that and draw the line at an unaging elf not waiting five years before asking the person she likes to marry her? Because that clearly shouldn’t be the issue here. Honestly. There’s a problem when our societal mindset accepts killing and suffering easier than we do relationships with an age difference (even if they’re both past 18 we seem to still have a huge problem with it if there’s more than 10 years apart).

Dex-chan lover
Shotacon elf nee-san helping the lad out. Homie got a good deal.

Also guys remember this is like medieval era where there was like no age of consent and people got married off super early.

Dex-chan lover
@Tearsax @LVLBeginner - when you get past 200, all humans are like children. So 13 years or 20 doesn't change things.
Well, actual maturity of elves in stories varies.

Fed-Kun's army
@flannan Oh it's not that, it's the other one. He was that girl's mentor, it'd be like a teacher or a friend of the family, an adult who had known you since you were a child and had a hand in your care suddenly making a move on you when you were "old enough". Just the thought of it makes me ill.

Users who are viewing this thread