How a Single Gold Coin Can Change an Adventurer's Life - Vol. 1 Ch. 3

So there went the premise from the summary. Not that this turn is bad but this is a completely different story than we were sold on lmao

Dex-chan lover
o/ I knew it, it really felt like she was chasing for something XD

Dex-chan lover
@greatninja3

Elves are one of the few races known for low fertility. There could probably be a number of reasons for that, but if my *extensive study into such records* *cough* is accurate, it's usually one of several :
1) Very low conception rate. Could be like she mentioned, magic or other genetics , maybe due to their longevity making it harder.
2) Not a lot of interest in procreating. That being about the act itself, how they go about doing it or maybe just not liking their partner or raising children etc.
3) They don't tend to consider it important, or ya know, because they tend to live hundreds of years, they have a lot of interest in learning or doing other things, so it just kinda gets passed along until it might be to late, like our current world in some places.

I don't really have any statistics about how a population increase for elves would need to be to be considered as 'large' , but there's a novel, where an elf elder(eldress?, meh), who's amazed that another elf clan has had 3 new children born within the last year, out of a population of 1000.
So, she's amazed at a 0,3% population increase / birth rate (if you consider it per 1000, but i'm not sure if you do that, so it might be 0,6% if you go by couple, assuming they're all with someone)

Dex-chan lover
@nachtness
The author might be japanese, but the work takes place in a medevil environment, as such medevil rules would apply to relationships unless the author tries to change it up.
Unless elves and magic exist today, and if so what have i been doing with my life.

Dex-chan lover
@Robbini I think the problem is with how their reproductive works they might not be similar to elvies in other stories where they stay in the forest forever only basing on what the elf girl said seems like they are quite active in finding a low magical being as partner.

if so they probably have higher fertility rate than 0.6% if their more like stay in forest, we don't even know if their the type to stay in a forest, at X age leave and find a partner return when you have baby or something similar to Amazoness but they have both male and females. well idk what happens when her partner dies but if they are required to look for new partner then yeah it will be a lot higher.

after thousands of millennia they'd probably be the dominant species as long as their mortality rate is lower(which I assume will be once technology progress and dying from monsters and sickness will be less of a threat) tbh any species with reproduction like a xenomorph will dominate a planet as long an nobody goes genocidal on the elves.

Dex-chan lover
So, basically she is grooming this 13 years old boy into her perfect husbando.

Seems kinda fucked up, but then again, I've seen worse.

Fed-Kun's army
Why does it feel to me that this manga will turn into : "Fellow adventurers are bad, Merchants are crooks, Guilds(?) are dens for psycho, Guards are corrupted but hey don't worry you got an Elf yandere waifu the manga" ?

Dex-chan lover
@nachtness
In the long run it doesn't really matter, we either put up with the idea or we skip the manga, at least for a while it seems the MC has avoided it.

Dex-chan lover
@greatninja3

Well firstly, elves... either they're a powerhouse and wipe out anyone trying to enslave them, or they're just about decently powerful, and they might wipe out some weaker attackers usually.

That means they both lose various locales where live, a decent amount of elves dying in combat and the others enslaved for... various purposes.

If elves are the powerhouse, then they need to maintain that, which is easier said than done.

Also, the 0,3% I mentioned ,was something that elder was totally surprised about. Meaning, it's way higher than it usually is. And in that scenario, elves and other nonhuman races were dominant, but they eventually lost that position, and now they're mostly secluding themselves from everyone. Her own clan which had roughly 3000 people had a lower birth rate (but no mention of it), which was pretty standard.

Also, elves have varying lifespans throughout various novels, but let's assume a few hundred is standard.

Elves also tend to not really be amongst technologically improving races, so them inventing new technology is pretty unbelievable and rare, unless it tends to be about nature magic or the equivalent.

Dex-chan lover
@Robbini I mean yeah the novel but realistically if you have a species like this, where they purely rely on other species to reproduce, then they should't be acting like other elves in fact the start of elf history won't be inside the forest with their village but outside the forest with other intelligent species they will most likely form villages and then cities once they have a big enough population to make one. their culture will most likely be mixed and not just your typical forest elf behavior.

well they can still maintain that image of forest elves if they can fk animals and not just humanoid that's the only realistic why such species will be able to be like other elves maybe they only had a preference to humanoid once they discovered the world wasn't flat and there was something else outside of a forest. I mean there are some legends where unicorns like virgin elves so maybe they can fk animals but then again unicorns are magical beings so they won't be having babies with them

Users who are viewing this thread