How do I find manga that have already END-ed.??

Looking for a way to find manga that are marked as END (meaning the last chapter ever for a manga with no further official updates) and not the ones where their publication status is marked as completed.

EDit:
Please tag my username, if you are replying to me.
Thank you.

Dex-chan lover
@m4ng4 I think it's possible if you go on search here:
https://mangadex.org/search?tag_mode_exc=any&tag_mode_inc=all

And then go uncheck everything on the Publication status checklist except the Completed box and then click search and you should find all the series that has been completed.

Note:
Translation of some series might not also be completed like their publication status said since the publication status is for the actual publication of that series

Dex-chan lover
@m4ng4
The option your looking for is not available. Your only way of finding what you want is to go and do what was stated above me, it's a bit of a roundabout way of doing it but it's your only option at the moment.

I'm actually surprised there's not a 'Scanlation completed?' Y/N checkbox, since bakaupdates has that.

Custom title
Staff
Developer
There's currently no explicit way to do this in MangaDex. You might want to try MangaUpdates or something.

Publication status refers to publication status, not scanlation status.

There's no "scanlation completed" checkbox because we host chapters in more languages than just English and by more than just one group per chapter. To my knowledge there's no unambiguous way to determine what should count as a completed scanlation, especially since for some manga one group continues off of where another group dropped, and for others there are multiple groups doing the same thing. Not to mention the END chapter isn't necessarily the final one, there may even be several bonus chapters afterwards.

If you have a method that reasonably covers all possible cases without devolving into a mess of checkboxes for each language, let me know.

Contributor
Hello @Teasday,

Maybe something like this :

1- [ ] Limit the search results to the languages listed in my filter chapter languages option.
2- [ ] Limit the search results to the entries marked with the end tag.

if option 1 is checked then option 2 will only search for the presence of at least 1 chapter with the end tag in the chapters of one of my favorite translation languages.
if option 1 is not checked the option will search for the presence of at least 1 chapter with the end tag in all translations available.

Regards,
M

Contributor
@m4ng4 @Teasday

More than a week and no reaction...
Was it a bad idea ?
Too bad, it would have addressed at least 90% of my needs for this kind of search.

M.

Custom title
Staff
Developer
@mlemaudit I forgot to respond, although I didn't really have anything clear to say anyway. Searching for manga that have at least one chapter (in your selected languages) that matches their final chapter (i.e. have the END tag) is the obvious solution, but that doesn't automatically mean you're going to find manga that have been "completed". It also means making a major change to the way the search is implemented currently because it would have to take into account the chapters table, and since we're rewriting the search to use an entirely different system, making such changes is not a priority, to put it mildly.

@mlemaudit Unless you tag me, there's no way for me to know who have been typing under the post I created in this forum (if there is I've prolly missed it).
I tried using your idea, and for now, I've failed to grasp it. I mean, how can
1- [ ] Limit the search results to the languages listed in my filter chapter languages option.
which is a Mangadex site settings. be related to
2- [ ] Limit the search results to the entries marked with the end tag.
, which is supposedly an option (this is what I'm thinking) in the search page of mangadex, which I'm unable to find.

Btw, thanks for the reply, this post is something a month old, and I was satisfied with few replies I got earlier. So, I wasn't checking.
Sorry, for my poor understanding. Please, explain in more detail. and after reading what @Teasday replied, I feel like, I'm way off the mark, and certainly need help with the above.

Custom title
Staff
Developer
@m4ng4 He was just making a suggestion in response to me, not describing to you how to actually currently do it. As mentioned, it's not really currently possible.

@Teasday That explains it. Since he tagged both of us, in his latest reply, I thought, his method mentioned in his previous comment was directed at me too, although, you were the only one tagged.

On the second note, pardon my intrusion into a topic I know not, I would suggest that the 'END' thing, which gets to be put at the end of the manga, (i'm assuming) since it's a specific value and is only put at the behest of the user/uploader, be a countable figure/key and just be recorded as such in a column of your db, which later can be searched upon a request.

Custom title
Staff
Developer
@m4ng4 The chapter that gets the END tag is actually defined in the title itself. That way there's no separate flag for the chapter that the uploader has to set, and it works automatically for every group's release.

EiGdN.png

Contributor
@AbyssalMonkey
The idea explicitly used what Teasday said you shouldn't: language search.
My bad, I didn't understand that while reading Teasday's comments, but as english is not my native language I may have missed this point.

@m4ng4
He was just making a suggestion in response to me, not describing to you how to actually currently do it. As mentioned, it's not really currently possible.
That's it.
Sorry I didn't make it very clear.

@Teasday
Searching for manga that have at least one chapter (in your selected languages) that matches their final chapter (i.e. have the END tag) is the obvious solution, but that doesn't automatically mean you're going to find manga that have been "completed".
Yep got that, hence the 90%... I think I have already seen multiple end tag for the same manga and the same language... but I think the manga was actually used to aggregate multiple works. (something like one shots + serialization, or multiple one shots doujinshi for a unique universe ...)

It also means making a major change to the way the search is implemented currently because it would have to take into account the chapters table, and since we're rewriting the search to use an entirely different system, making such changes is not a priority, to put it mildly.
Being a developer myself, I can understand your point here...
I guess I'll just have to be patient... very patient 😋

Regards,
M

Users who are viewing this thread