How I read manga without knowing Japanese

Good day everyone, as you all know I’m a manhua creator. Besides creating the works, I’m a manga lover. I’m crazy for manga although I know little about Japanese. I can guess the meaning from the Kenji xD.
A few days ago, I came across a raw Japanese manga. So I used ImgTranslation to translate several strips and then shared with my fellows. It feels quite practical. The accuracy of machine translation is to my satisfaction. However, it’s not functional thoroughly. For example, you might blur up the background a little bit sometimes. You can’t edit in the text box directly.

I am writing this article through my experiences of using this tool these days. It’s open beta now. Just give a go 📷www.imgtranslation.com

Who will be using ImgTranslation:
1, Keen in Manga/Manhwa/Comics, know nothing about the foreign language, always too impatient to read the official translation, fine with the machine translation, for example, Yandex, Google Translate.
2, Keen in Manga/Manhwa/Comics, and know the foreign language. If you can translate the raw in ImgTranslation and then share the translation, fans will be very much appreciated!
3, Volunteer in translating the Manga/Manhwa/Comics. I happen to know one Vietnamese girl whose fandom is Zhou Ze Kai/Ye Xiu of Quan Zhi Gao Shou. She asks me for the fanart like crazy.

How you use ImgTranslation:
1, Register an account and create a project;
2, Upload the series of images;
3, Enter the panel;
The Above mentioned three steps are similar to all online project management platforms. So I don't explain the details here. There is a small flash tutorial on the upper left of the panel. You can get a rough idea of how you use the tool. Click’OK’ if you don’t want to be annoyed while doing the translation in the future.

4, Select the original text
5, Paint and clean out the original text
6, Machine Translation plus human editing
If the OCR result isn’t accurate, you can revise and submit it. The translation is powered by Google. I translated many text bubbles. Most of the time, the OCR result is okeish, I don't have to revise often. And I'm content with the machine translation. I can almost understand the manga.

7, Save and DownloadThere are two formats of the files you can download. One is the converted images. the other MS Excel.

8, ShareI’m always very excited after finishing the translation, I will share my works with my friends right away. You can share the hyper link or the QR code.

This is how I read manga without knowing Japanese. As I mentioned before, I'm a manhua creator. I'm drawing ‘Modern Life of the Immortals’. It’s in Chinese. There are volunteers who translate it into English, Vietnamese, and Spanish. Etc. I recommend my translators to use ImgTranslation too. I appreciate those translators very much. You can try ImgTranslation . If you discover some more cool features, shout it out here and let me know

Users who are viewing this thread