How Long Until We Get Married? - Vol. 1 Ch. 9 - Retirement ver.

Dex-chan lover
Such a sad end that could have been better but the twist the author did made the readers mad enough to 1 star bomb this title. I know people will be more alert on the author's next work since this is not something you can forget. Regardless, I enjoyed the story & hope the next one is better. Thanks for the translations.

Damn so it really ended like that? I don't know how to feel about this, any thoughts on the story?

Double-page supporter
Honestly I'm not a fan of cute pixiv shorts suddenly turning into something dark but I'm not super pissed about it either. is what it is at the end of the day at least there was a happy ending even tho it was a "what if" type of ending

i still find it funny how score-bombed this got lmao

Dex-chan lover
Nah, nah. He still died. This ending doesn't make it wholesome again. It is "ironically wholesome" which is still wholesome in a way, but nah.

Dex-chan lover
from wholesome to tragedy. depressing really.
4838-sadge.png

Dex-chan lover
I reread this, it doesn't seem so bad tbh. Which may just be retrospect, of course. Just saying that had we read this as a whole and not with the suspense of waiting for new chapters, we'd chalk this up more as a short and bittersweet manga rather than a trainwreck that wasted our time (like Gal Cleaning if I remember correctly).

Dex-chan lover
Bittersweet? Absolutely. I'd argue this is as wholesome as any as it shows how happy endings can be had in spite of (rather than in lieu of) tragedy.

Probably still projecting from Cross Game tho.

Dex-chan lover
I'm fine with the ending. Author clearly wanted to write a story rooted in a possible reality, and not just cater to normal expectations.

Besides, an ending like this probably gives him way more exposure in Japanese social circles to stand out, otherwise he's competing with thousands of people doing the same thing. This may lead to more work for him so to be honest I can't fault it (like, why do you think Rent a Girlfriend's writing is so unhinged).

Users who are viewing this thread