How many seasonal anime are you watching?

reu

Dex-chan lover
i follow a few people whose opinions i respect who watch most seasonals, and it helps me find out what's worth watching as the season goes on.
Care to share who? I stopped watching anime because of how much trash was being pumped out every season, so recomendation channels would be useful

Dex-chan lover
one, ONLY ONE. I remember it has Bunny- something and very popular underground and on the seven seas.

Dex-chan lover
none, I'm a binge watcher, unless it's finished airing or has been airing for like a decade, I don't watch it cause otherwise I have to wait for new episodes and that's a bummer. plus I tend to forget some details but not enought to warrant a rewatch.

Dex-chan lover
Care to share who? I stopped watching anime because of how much trash was being pumped out every season, so recomendation channels would be useful
Respectable anime like Mushoku Tensei. One I can recommend on Netflix.

Dex-chan lover
on average, 12 seasonal anime per season
(counting the Continuing from previous season)

lowest: 4 anime in summer 2022
highest: 20 anime in these 2 last seasons

for anime before 2018, it is hard to remember whether I watched it when it aired
or I binged it during the lockdown era

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
i'm waching about 9 seasonal anime+ onepiece + monogatari s 5+ rewatching steins gate0:nyoron:

Dex-chan lover
I tried to watch the Mahou Shoujo ni Akogarete anime, but it was kind of terrible, so I stopped. A shame because it will push people away from the manga. If they agree with me (seldom happens, but you never know). Grade: :(

Then I watched Dungeon Meshi, which is about people who have to eat food. Annoying at first, leans way too hard on the elf mage for laughs, but gets better & better as it goes. Solid writing, interesting lore, and while the fantasy cooking segments seem silly, the culinary advice & info are legit. Still waiting for the final episode, but it's damn good so far. Grade: A

Now I'm watching Romantic Killer, which is old. Also great. Shows that the solution to overreaction fatigue is to have the characters yell and freak out more. Like a lot more. Okay OP, but ED slays. Has Jake the Dog in it, but he's a wizard. Grade: A+

So 1. The answer is 1. If I watched the Dosanko Gyaru anime, it would be 2. But it's not. It's 1.

Dex-chan lover
I tried to watch the Mahou Shoujo ni Akogarete anime, but it was kind of terrible, so I stopped.
What was so bad about the anime? I used to read the manga but I stopped, so I picked up the anime and at least in terms of ecchi goodness it delivered

Dex-chan lover
Actually I ended up watching a fuck ton of seasonal this season, I’ll make a list later but all I’m going to say is that I binged most of them because it is hard to watch 10+ seasonals weekly and it’s infinitely easier to let them get to ep 10 and then binge them one at a time

Dex-chan lover
I get your point because we WILL see it selling with an official title like "Cumming Magical Girls." Or "Magical Climax."

(.)₩------
I tried to watch the Mahou Shoujo ni Akogarete anime, but it was kind of terrible, so I stopped. A shame because it will push people away from the manga. If they agree with me (seldom happens, but you never know). Grade: :(

Then I watched Dungeon Meshi, which is about people who have to eat food. Annoying at first, leans way too hard on the elf mage for laughs, but gets better & better as it goes. Solid writing, interesting lore, and while the fantasy cooking segments seem silly, the culinary advice & info are legit. Still waiting for the final episode, but it's damn good so far. Grade: A

Now I'm watching Romantic Killer, which is old. Also great. Shows that the solution to overreaction fatigue is to have the characters yell and freak out more. Like a lot more. Okay OP, but ED slays. Has Jake the Dog in it, but he's a wizard. Grade: A+

So 1. The answer is 1. If I watched the Dosanko Gyaru anime, it would be 2. But it's not. It's 1.

Dex-chan lover
Three this season - Frieren, Mr. Villian's Day Off (not even gonna try with the romanji for that one), and Urusei Yatsura. The comments @beep_repair made about Gushing Over Magical Girls (as a title, I think that suits the series nicely) above are spot on - I had to stop after the first episode.

Planning on six next season - Urusei Yatsura, Konosuba, Slime, Yuru Camp, Spice & Wolf, and Grandpa/Grandma (again, no chance with the romanji).

Dex-chan lover
Around 8-12 on average.
Watching 8 in winter 2024 + Frieren & Kusuriya no Hitorigoto.
Planning to watch 9 in next season with my usual pattern: CGDCT (especially from Kirara) & Yuri auto-list + cherry-pick everything else :huh:.

Dex-chan lover
What was so bad about the anime? I used to read the manga but I stopped, so I picked up the anime and at least in terms of ecchi goodness it delivered
I love the manga. It's stylish, funny, and playful, balancing perfectly between self-aware parody and self-indulgent perversion. It's also wildly creative, underdog edgy in the best way, and somehow genuinely lovable. The anime doesn't capture any of that. It doesn't even try. Instead, it treats the source material like cheap fap fodder, trading everything good about it for repetitive boob shots. Which I don't give a shit about. Basically, it's got no soul (the usual deficiency of anime in comparison to manga).

Dex-chan lover
Spring 2024, I think only one and I stay for the long series. Kono Suba 3.

Fall 2024 might be the next anime I will watch, which is Arifureta Season 3. Another long series.

Users who are viewing this thread