How to Fight - Vol. 1 Ch. 39 - That is the Way of Hwang Man-Gi the True Man

0ps

Good way to save face for Man-Gi. Like the boxer said, it was odd a wrestling champion (and one with such an overwhelming size & weight advantage) couldn't make contact (he isn't slow either). Wouldn't mind seeing a real bout between the two. Looks like Hobin's going to utilize some more kicks in this next fight, perhaps something new he learned from Tae Kwon Doe.

come on now he's going to get beat up by a girl? why does he have to run a gauntlet of humiliation every single time

This is troublesome. There's no shame in hitting back regardless of gender, but this is Korea we're talking about so the viewers might not view this as kindly.
So if Hobin fights her and manages to win, he'd get seen as a bully. If he loses, he'd get seen as a wimp. There's no win here.

There's another option, where Gaeul (is that her name?) fights her instead, leading the viewers to treat this as a "cat-fight" (though there's nothing "cat-fight" about people sucker-punching other people's throats). But at the very least, they'd treat it as "fair", since both were female.

Then again, HTF always does something completely unexpected and out of the norm, so I don't expect any of my theories to come true.

Dex-chan lover
@ohyun there's no way Gaeul can fight, unless perhaps Hobin reveals the Chicken channel, which is def not gonna happen. She might fight indirectly, like getting some footage or something, which is about the only way Hobin can actually win without a hit to his reputation .

Fed-Kun's army
pro boxer with that physique lmao the author's off his rocker
also: a lot of respect for Hwang Man-gi

Unrealistic fight as this leads to loss of immersion. C'mon look at her biceps . Doesn't have a shred of muscle and you want me to believe those would pack that much damage?

Dex-chan lover
Hwang Man-gi, a true man heaven-sent. Absolutely the Hanayama of this series.

Also, I feel Hobin is absolutely the kind of idiot to have not made a copy.

Users who are viewing this thread