How to Fight - Vol. 1 Ch. 42 - How an ordinary person wins against an infighter!

Fed-Kun's army
Thanks for the chapter
Don't burn out guys, there's no need to race

@kendama thanks for the chapter. What's the latest chapter in the raw? Also I always wait for your releases since it has way better English lol

Power Uploader
@higira This is the latest public chapter. There are three more that are paywalled, two of which can be found in lower picture quality and watermarked in pirate raw sites. We won't use these.

Thanks for scan. How much do paywalled raws cost, and how long would it take for them to become public? @Kendama

Power Uploader
@mikerjw The problem is not the price, it's about 0.4 USD per chapter, but Naver has pretty stringent defences against pirating their paywalled raws.

Huh so martial arts is just like rock-paper-scissors. Each one has its counter 🤣

Power Uploader
@Burbz Makes sense, no? If there were a martial art without a counter, everyone would learn just that 😆

And forgot to answer @mikerjw , every week a new chapter comes out in the paywall, and one comes out of it for public consumption.

Wait I thought his nickname / stage name was Virus or Venom? The Freak sounds way too different

Power Uploader
@wowpp69 You prompted me to bring up the issue with the translator. Before doing that I went to the Daum Dictionary:

독종 [毒種]
1.malicious offspring
2.a bad seed
3.a cold-blooded person

He told me he thought of "the freak" as a good one-word TL for the third definition, which is the one that he considers most appropriate given the context. It has tones of ruthlessness and tenacity, but in a negative way. The first two definitions aren't appropriate in this context. Other one-word epithets that are close to the third definition are also acceptable, of course.

"Venom" and "virus" are machine translations, which may have caused you to question our TLor's choice. They are literally the outputs of Google Trans for the Korean and Chinese versions. Was it what PMScans used? If so, we're not surprised.

@Kendama Yep PMScans used venom. Also I kind of understand chinese so 毒 = poison. I thought the name would be something along that line. Thank you for the explanation!

Power Uploader
@wowpp69 Yes, I translate from JP, and the symbols mean literally "poisonous species", but we should beware of literal translations. Which is exactly why PMScans' MTL got it (and so much else) wrong.

Double-page supporter
@Kendama idk if everyone would learn the counter-less martial art, I mean people still learn subpar stuff like Taekwondo ;)

Dex-chan lover
"What are you doing?"

HAHAHA I just remembered that scene with Ronan from Guardians of the Galaxy

Users who are viewing this thread