How to Fight - Vol. 1 Ch. 72 - How to fight and win against jiu jitsu

Fed-Kun's army
im still not convinced because logan's korean was pretty broken right? maybe someone he trained or someone who came to him with the idea and he was somehow involved. or maybe someone dubbed for him
oh maybe gaeul worked on the dub somehow??
also, are you kidding me they didnt do their homework so man-gi lost so easily... why did you pick that dude's home arena lol

i really think this is coming to an end, hobin has become strong and soon he will not have anything to learn anymore or people to fight. I think he might defeat the mob boss and then maybe the mma guy and his mma classmate? Last chapter will probably be him meeting chicken head guy ending with a nice note.

Man, I really love how they've slowly built up Hobin's abilities over the course of the series. It's taken considerable time, which is very much the case with any martial art, let alone multiple. His focus has always been on learning a few key-moves for every opponent, and then drilling those down like crazy. Which is honestly a very smart way to portray someone learning this stuff on his on their own, as he only needs to concentrate on a few things. And in a proper match inside a sporting event, he'd get his ass kicked. But this is not that, it is street-fighting.

Not to say that he's alone any more, after all, it does seem like best boi remains his Taekwando master, so that is where his focus lies. And that core continues to improve along with the rest rather than him now picking up one gimmick after the other.

The vast majority of techniques and counters to them have been very much on point throughout the series as well. It's ofcourse never been completely realistic, mostly in regard to how much punishment any one character could take and still getting up afterwards, though that was honestly usually his opponents at first, who then came back with a vengeance, only for Hobin to pull it out at the end. I say this as someone who's done a good amount of Martial Arts over the course of my life.

This is probably the best truly great example of how much Hobin has grown, for he was using a multitude of moves that he's learnt throughout his career thus-far, at the opportune time. And it felt quite natural, as far as how the fight developed.

One thing people aren't giving Hobin enough credit for, however, is just how naturally talented he is. By which I don't mean he learns fast, but he's able to use every weapon of his disposal when it's the most effective. This is why the majority of fighters who succeed well tend to be either very intelligent, or have very intelligent coaches.

This series really continues to deliver on all fronts. Bomi is still boring as heck, though, especially compared to the other girls in the roster (harem, cough.)

tldr; Hobin's slow growth has has seemed natural, and I feel like we're finally getting to a point where he's become a genuinely competent fighter in his own right.

Double-page supporter
You know maybe Hobin not getting official MMA training yet might be a good thing, he'd be just end up being a fucking god

also CHICKEN MAAAAN

Fed-Kun's army
I mean we knew for ages it's still great to see him finally realize himself

I fricken love Tracey or whatever that chicken mans name is, this is what I was waiting for, the reveal was too good.

Group Leader
"A normal person can't beat an arm wrestler"

Reminds me of Shaq vs those professional arm wrestlers

Dex-chan lover
yep as confirmed before, Logan was really the chicken fighter. anyways, holy shit! I AM NEVER gonna get tired of seeing how hobin gets out of situtations with some secret counter move that chicken fighter and others from his group taught him. its a perfect repeatable recipe thats oh so enjoyable to watch.

Yes! Hobin is no regular fighter and it shows how Hobin can REALLY fight. The only thing he needs to really confirm this title that is, is to have a situation where he fights someone UNPREPARED! I mean he did that against 3 regular thugs hitting on rumi and gaeul but when Hobin meets a professsional fighter and fights him WITHOUT any preparation by chicken sensei and if he wins that battle. Then Hobin is a certified Expert Street Fighter!

I like that if this is actually finished, Hobin came out of this with the LEAST amount of injuries than in all his fights before. thats insane! Also I wonder if him biting the feet of Ji soo actually dismembered the toes? thats gonna be a real issue!

Also is Hwang gonna fight our bodybuilder yet???

there is no way Logan is the chicken guy ? I cant see it because he cannot speak Korean
PLUS the guy he remembered seems different from him and looks Korean (yes by back lmao) like he seems friend with him and not that

Users who are viewing this thread