How to Raise a Mermaid

Supporter
the art is messy, but it still looks good. nice light and shadow, and the face close ups are good

Contributor
@Frosty_Josh

Status.jpg

What!? This is COMPLETED?? Can't have it end on an uncertain way. C'mon author. I'm willing to wait another 3 months or more but give it another chapter.

ivv

Dex-chan lover
This manga is so beautiful.
The art is lovely, the story is mild but fascinating.
Maybe it was made by the author to express his experience.
Probably something saved him from hell called life and used the mermaid as it's metaphor.
A story that has heavy realism with a touch of fantasy is just my cup to coffee.
Children particularly daughter figures in stories are like fantasies by themselves,
they portray redemption and hope.
Made me remember Forest gump and Clannad. There should be more, but... I don't want ride the feels train more than necessary.

I liked this one a lot. It's a shame it came to an end so quickly. I thought it had more...legs.

...I'm sorry.

Dex-chan lover
That was the most quiet and uncomfortable read I ever had. Thank you, I am almost depressed.

Am I the only one who thinks maybe the mermaid should still return back to sea?

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

Too bad it got ended so quickly.

And to those wondering about the end, I think this is a much more realistic end. And he's not entirely wrong either, he can't treat her like a wild animal and assume she's best off if he leaves her there. It's not like he knows the circumstances of her race or what drove her to be wounded along on the shore when he first found her. Imagine a Merman finding a hurt human child adrift in the sea, taking her to a small island and feeding/caring for her as best they could, but then deciding to take her to a random nearby continent where there's humans and hoping she finds her family. It may be that she does but there's so many ways that could go wrong. What if her parent(s) were killed by a shark and she has no one else she knows of of her race? What if there's some kind of tribal warring going on undersea? Again, it's very different from caring for a wounded wild animal who only needs its instincts and correct environment (which is still a stretch when it comes to infants who haven't matured).

This is heartwarming and the art is very comforting. Too bad it's so short, still a good read tho.

Users who are viewing this thread