I, a Commoner, Was Actually Reincarnated - Ch. 2

@jimmyclear That would be a good reason for him to love her (though the age gap is >:/ ), but why would she fall in love with him? It all just feels like manipulation. I wish they heard gone with adventure rather than romance.

Dex-chan lover
@Alexvar

Agreed. An adventure of a traveling noble, and a fallen noble who cured him of his disease. Tag team deal of Mage and Healer.

@jimmyclear yeah that's... not even remotely related to what i said? does having incurable necrosis make children fall in love with you within a day?

I am not much of a fan of love at first sight trope. But I am a fan of her leaving her shit mother and sister in chapter 1. So I'll keep on reading and hope it'll become more interesting.

Dex-chan lover
@AmberLoss

Okay... I agree that a 30 year old, falling "love-at-first-sight" with a 13 year-old is creepy.

Should it be promoted? No, why? If this is Medieval Era setting, then you have every right to drop it.

Dex-chan lover
he's a war hero, loved by the people and has lived for 140+ years so he should be on the highest tier on nobility with everyone looking up to him and listening to his words as if he was on par with the king. with that he should be able to protect MC.

Dex-chan lover
This is isekai for girl readers, will keep reading though.

Aggregator gang
Just a heads up, it's not just you, the story is intentionally fast paced because the author wants show Fii off in her isekai glory as a super mage lol. This is a cinderella story, so if that isn't your jam, move on to the next =)

I was also curious as to what happened to her family once she left...there are other comments that spoil it but here's a bit more info on it:

After her father came back and found no dinner waiting for him, he asked his wife where his eldest daughter was and she replied she left the house and hasn't returned yet. Her father figured Fii was staying with his sister (Fii's aunt who helped them out in the beginning) so he decided not to report her missing. After another day, he comes back from work and again finds no dinner waiting for him and his wife complaining about it. Now worried, dad goes to his sister and finds out Fii isn't there. The aunt is the one who realizes that Fii must've ran away and immediately reports her missing to the town's guards to begin searching for her.

Dad goes back home to ask his wife what exactly happened that made Fii leave. She explained that she refused Fii's scholarship to the high school because she needed Fii to work in order to pay for their second daughter's tuition to a prestigious all-girls school. Dad loses it and yells at mom for it, which freaks her out because it's the first time anyone's ever yelled at her. Dad would've allowed Fii to go to school because he knew his second daughter isn't smart enough to get into the all-girls school mom is dreaming of.

Dad goes through a lot of self-reflection, realizing that he put way too much on Fii at such a young age. He knew that the little sister was being receiving all the love with none of the chores, but chose to ignore it because he loved his wife. His sister (Fii's aunt) also berates him and lectures him about it (she's such a cool character, I hope we can get more of her soon).

The guards never find Fii and the house slowly becomes more and more filthier as the weeks go on. The townspeople also begin to treat their family coldly. They all knew Fii because she was the one that would go do all the shopping and chores for her family. They knew that Fii ran away because of her family. Dad goes to Aunt to learn how to cook and clean, but because he's working, he's only able to do it on the holidays. Little sister finally learns to help out with chores, but she's terrible at it, so she can't do much. Mother falls into a deep depression after realizing what she had done to Fii.

Double-page supporter
Guys who are reading comments after reading the chapter, don't forget, this manga has no Slice of Life tag, just (pure safe fluffy shoujo &) Romance so there shouldn't be logical critique for the characters' personal judgment & Earth-standardised modern thinking to apply here. This is Romance without too much heavy thinking involved in the world-building. Save yourself the headache & eat this work like the honey-sweet dessert that it is.

Anyway I can assume that the next (maybe the final plot) thing they'd do together is to get married, & another is that MC will also gain near-immortality age like her (future) husband? His bloodline was said to not live too long because of the curse but he's been delaying his death until 143 years old so far... he's a resilient guy, I can give him that.

& thanks for the spoilers below I'm just curious to read in advance without waiting for the updates lolol! Good spoilers.

And here it is: the infamous japanese over-humbliness.
"I only saved your life and I'm going to keep doing it for years to come! I don't deserve to life in luxury just because you are a royal and I haver super powerful special powers that have not been seen in 200 years!"

Users who are viewing this thread