I Am the Real One - Vol. 1 Ch. 28

@Whimsicat oh you’re right, I was referring to that expression he made in chapter 5 where he was biting his lip. I also understand what you mean regarding his position where he felt he had to execute his daughter. Nonetheless, I can’t help but feel disappointed of him as a father. I understand he has a certain mindset where he believes it is best for him to keep minimal contact with his children and that he was probably abused when he was younger, which may have led him to be blinded by the role of a duke. Still, seeing all Keira had to go through, all in order to gain his praise and love, only to be harshly reprimanded by him, which seems to be the most attention she has ever gotten from him, leads me to hold not the best feelings towards him if he was in control of himself. Even if him punishing her was to pacify the public, I don’t like the way he went about it. After all, in the end she still got executed along with receiving that traumatic experience from him, especially.

I also found it weird that the bitch happened to ‘awaken’ her power at the same time Keira did. It’s as though she stole her power from her?

Also about her dad, I also don’t wish suffering upon him. He, too, was traumatized, probably as a child as well, but that doesn’t mean he necessarily deserves forgiveness and regain what he gave up so easily. It kinda pissed me off that he only tried to put in the effort to have a relationship with Keira when she stopped. Relationships were never meant to be one sided in the first place.

Noww I am open to continuing this conversation, I’m curious about your perspective on this.

Dex-chan lover
@aitak : My thinking on him not returning her love might be that ' ideal noble' mindset at work again.

She is prophesized to be THE Saintess that will save the country. This means that when the time come she will wield a massive influence either just from sheer popularity, or just by being able to choose who to prioritize in saving. Even more than that is that she will rise to a position where she is above him in term of social standing.
If he is to remains 'neutral', he must raise her without any bias. This is why he kept himself from interacting with her because he is in the position to influence her the most. Him preventing her from contacting her grandpa in the past life might be on this line of thought as well (and grandpa clearly has such intention just from the short scene we had with him)

He definitely wasn't aware of how much of a wound his reprimand/'rejection' was on her, in the same way she wasn't aware of how much her look was being mistaken for something else.
The hereditary obliviousness strikes again.
There's likely going to be a chapter showing what really happened in the past, which should include the dad's mental state throughout all of the events, though it'll probably come around the climax of the plot.

As for the bitch's showing power...it seems 'real' enough that Keira recognized those as spirits, BUT there's also no records of normal people seeing spirits either.
So my guess is that the thing she showed at the party was just illusion trick to get the people riled up.
Then she might've used something to forcibly took control of the spirit, or the spirits she showed Keira weren't actually THE Beatrice spirit that the saintess would make contract with.

i hope there will be some sort of mass release? i’ve been waiting for sooo long and i wanna know who’s the male lead kekeke and also wanna know what the grandpa is hiding

Fed-Kun's army
@lolawhiterabbit ikr!! if he hadn't even been showed that dream, would he be thinking about his daughter at all? if she isn't rebelling right now, would he? nah he'd still be the same asshole who'd rather believe a random girl claiming she's his daughter and fucking beheaded his own daughter.

Yeah fuck this guy and the dad from i swear i won't bother you again. May they suffer until they apologize

Well you cannot show “affection” to your children being the “head”of the family but you showed enough “affection “ to cossette to sentence your real daughter to death..set your priorities straight

Fed-Kun's army
I did felt bad for the father then I remembered that he beheaded his own daughter lol

The father still hasn't done wrong yet.. And seen as he's showing a sort of twisted affection now, it means that something will happen later on that will twist it even more, meaning it's not entirely his fault. Not "entirely" he's still a cunt tho.

I'm really trying to understand what's going through the dad's head like the author is making it obvious that he does actually care about his daughter and is hinting that there some big reason as to why he refused to be affections towards her and that he's sort of trying to spend some time with her ina round about way but that still doesn't explain why he beheaded her or why he was so affectionate with the fake like I'm trying to give him the benefit of the doubt because he so obviously cares and its kind of pathetic to see him try so hard for nothing but like I really don't get him

Is it just me but the second last panel looked like a scene from the villainess reversed the hourglass

Nah, can the author just stop make the dad look pitiful and abandoned? He is deserved every single of it and unredeemable until the end.

What type of position says you can't be a good father to your kids? This man is getting more and more pathetic with his excuses, like you led your own daughter around by the nose and now that she's not smiling in your face, you wanna show interest in her? Get out of here.

I hope our MC keeps up her distance and the author doesn't make her try to understand her father, since it should be the other way around.

Group Leader
I felt slightly bad for him after this chapter, but after reading the comment section I remembered how much of a jerk he is

Users who are viewing this thread