I Am the Real One - Vol. 1 Ch. 28

@Mai_loves_icecream
Same i still hate him so much. I try my best to try find an excuse to forgive him but it's impossible. What gets me mad is that even if she was fake, she was his daughter for years. Then just because other people wanted it, he decided to kill her. Still makes me mad.

Dex-chan lover
I wonder if there's an actual reason that he can't show parental affection, if he works for it than a redemption arc could work

Aggregator gang
@starartx
Redemption ? I hope he gets drawn and quartered
He was the one that actively sent her to her death in the first timeline

I gotta say child Kiera is toooooooo cute. The duke would have to ne a monster to shun her

Someone needs to give this guy a book about parenting — ABOUT 20YRS AGO. Talk to your damn kid c’mon.

Double-page supporter
I mean if he still doesn't get what he's doing wrong I don't think he deserves redemption
How does the family's duty of neutrality extend to your own family? That's just neglect at that point (though that does raise some serious questions about how he was raised).

Glad to see that his children aren't turning out like him though, must be what influence the mom had before she died.

Whenever we see that deadbeat dad he looks like he hasn't slept for weeks, and it makes me so happy lmao

i don’t like how they tried to paint him as a father who just couldn’t show how much he cared for his family because of that neutrality policy.

nah that dirty rat bastard could kill the daughter that lived with him for 18 years because of some random bitch that lived with him for 3 months. and he could show all sorts of affection for her but not even his son.

again, if he died in the end i’d be chill. (no id prolly feel bad if he looked pathetic enough but overall i would t care).

Redemption?
What a joke.
Whoever thinks this kind of parent deserves a redemption is clearly too blessed with a good family or rose-tinted glass eyes.

I fucking HATE the idea of her being the bigger person so that he can have an epiphany about not constantly lying about how he feels and not neglecting his children. He basically ignored her for her entire life, didn't enable her to have a social life or any other support systems and then SENTENCED HER TO DEATH for the sake of someone he knew for 3 months.

I hate him sooo much like! Stop! Lying! To! Your! Daughter!

If he's on a redemption arc he hasn't even started step ONE it's been almost 30 chapters!

I'd have rather have the father just straight up emotionally abuse MC because at least it would be understandable. I'm just... I'm frustrated by the dad who's unable to speak with the daughter he loves. Not to make even worse that there's no reason for this change of heart because that hasn't been developed. The cracks in the plot are showing and they're getting big.

NEVERTHELESS, thanks for the trans. :)

Do I feel sad about the dad? Yes cos I have heart and I can’t stand pitiful things, it hurt my conscience BUT Do I want the dad to be forgiven? No unless he give a reasonable explanation for what he did before -.-

Dex-chan lover
Damn everyone here hates in the dad wtf. I mean for me as long as there's character development or a "redemption arc" I'll be fine. That's what makes good writing. If the dad is evil and won't change, it'll just make him so 2 dimensional

This series hurts my heart 😫😫😫 but I love it and am here for it LOL

Excited to see how things turn out! Thank you to the scanlation teams for the steady updates (also just for any updates at all & in general tbh)!!

Dex-chan lover
I could see her forgiving her father, in that she decides she doesn't want to get even with him for the abject neglect he put her through.

But reconciling? I hope not. He had her entire childhood to be her father, and it's way too late now.

And absolutely positively no absolving him.

Nep

Dex-chan lover
I think the father deserves to get some redemption. Assuming he gets his sh1t together and stop making lame excuses. (Currently he "cares" for his daughter since he woke up from his not-quite-supposed-'nightmare' where he executed her)

Fed-Kun's army
@Nep idk im just unsure if he can ever redeem himself? he can better himself and admit his mistakes but it doesn't change the fact that he... he killed his own daughter in their past life and he would have done it again if it weren't for mcs changes

no ones saying the dad cant change- even though right now the reason why he's acting like this is because he's finally meeting the reality of the effects of how he treated his daughter rather than actual self awareness (past life no matter how bad the dad was, mc would flock back to him)
but redemption wise, u cant reverse the emotional damage and trauma that happened to mc no matter what he does. dat life ended and u cant redeem smthn u lost </33

@enyoteremchi That policy is such a fucking cop-out. I seriously hate this trend Korean mangas have with forgiving abusive dads. Of course the same treatment is never given to the mom/other women, but the men? Free pass to be shit

Users who are viewing this thread