I Am the Real One - Vol. 1 Ch. 28

I'll be one of those people who already expected a redemption arc and is cheering for the dad xD

Fed-Kun's army
This is why flashback chapter are important.

We need to know how the father was educated, how he live his lives until now? Is his childhood a full brainwashing propaganda? How his way of thinking and point of view are shaped?
What makes him really fixed with idea of indifference?

Can somone tell me if the spoilers in NU true? Is the manwha going to that direction? Please tell me I'm dying to know😢

@elfwastaken

It probably has something to do with in-laws thinking they can use the affection for the grandkids to gain something, but I think the point the author is making is that it’s a dumb rule that screwed up the Duke’s childhood and emotions and now it’s causing him to screw up his children’s lives and emotions. The author is trying to show that he’s socially awkward and insecure in personal relationships so he relies on the guidelines and behaviors he learned growing up. This and his inflexibility are what eventually lead to his daughter’s death. He didn’t WANT to have her killed, but he was probably manipulated into thinking something awful and that coupled with the fact he feels bound not to show any emotion (so people can’t see his weakness and manipulate him, which obviously backfires hard) and or betray his family seat (meaning there should only be one heir and spirit user) that he just let things happen. The author is setting the stage by having his daughter break out of this mould first so that he can eventually do the same, probably to save her.

@BimBim85
She was quite clear that she wanted to be praised and he understood that she wanted his affections. HE wasn't clear TO HER that he was never going to give it to her. Instead he ignored her or found fault which made her feel she needed to work harder to attain his praise. He actually liked that she saw him off or waited for him to come back, even though he wouldn't even acknowledge her. He felt good that she would follow him around and imitate him, even though he would not give her praise even when she did well. The failure to communicate is on both their shoulders, but his more so on his as he is the adult and she is the child who knows no better.

I think you’ve hit the nail on the head. I hope the author isn’t lazy about the redemption arc. I’m here for it if she can really draw it out and make him realize how much he’s hurt his children. I recognize that most of this stems from his training and insecurity, but I don’t care. I will not be satisfied with anything less than despairing apology and him saving his daughter’s life, possibly at risk of his own or the family’s reputation.

Double-page supporter
Can see the redemption for the dad coming, but the question I have is if he didn't show affection because of tradition and what not then why did show it to Cosette?

Was that Kiera's perspective, was he manipulated or something? Really want to know.

@jmacena i'm just gonna guess this, but i think that affection maybe stems from the fact that the WMMAP is a reincarnation story, struggles of the princess in the original story were only mentioned in a third-person manner, and the MC didn't actually suffer through that hell herself. Also, adding to the fact that Claude's backstory was shown, which explained why he hated his own daughter- made the readers sympathise with Claude a bit.

Where as in this story's case, her struggles and her father's absolute lack of regard for her were shown RIGHT AFTER her unjust execution, which btw made me cry a little lmao which made the readers sympathise with the MC's POV, and how immensely cathartic it was to watch her absolute disregard for her father and her resolve to live her life her own way right after she woke up after travelling back in time makes us hate him more. so yeah! :D

I’m interested to know if I’m the original timeline Cosette was using manipulative magic on the duke, maybe she was sent in to change the dukes neutrality? Considering how unnerved the duke in this alternate timeline was at his “dream” about killing Keira

father-daughter bonding time failed! Back to the drawing board lol (that's what he gets for neglecting his kids)

Her power hungry grandfather has more ground for redemption and character development than the duke

They really need to sit down and talk... That cake was wasted 😭 I mean at least his father tried to bond with her (?)

Ahhhhh i want spoiler

You come into my house just to give that little shit an out for acting like the little shit he is! How dare you autor! I trusted you!

Group Leader
Awww poor dad
yeah but pls continue waste him like he wasted you before, whatever his reason was, he really took her for granted :/

So because he couldnt give 'affection' like normal parents he just ignored her all the way to her death?What a shitty excuse.

Users who are viewing this thread