I Am the Real One - Vol. 1 Ch. 37

😐 doesn't erase the fact that he let her die before going back in time; whether her powers manifested or not, you watched a child grow up with your own eyes
I just want Kiera to be happy with or without the Duke.

Thank you for the chapter! ♥️

@enyoteremchi That wouldn't make any sense. He's the one who ordered her execution, why would he send her back in time with her memories to save herself? Also technically, the MC is the regressor (i.e. she is the one who had memories sent back in time). The mage is just generally looking out for regressors because normally the "other person" as required by the spell chooses themself to be a regressor in an agreement to give the mage in the past information. The mage and the MC might learn something by figuring out who that "other person" was, but presumably, they wouldn't have retained their memories of the previous timeline as they chose the MC to be the regressor and not themself.

It's possible that the Duke later became a regressor, but I don't think it would make sense for him to be involved in the MC's regression.

@pyrotrap They explained that someone else was the person who had the spell cast, because if it were Kiera, she would have also remembered having him cast the spell (I went back and checked cuz I wasn’t sure either). So it was determined that someone else had the spell cast, but chose to have Kiera’s memory restored. They mentioned that typically the person having the spell cast chooses themselves as the regressor, so it’s possible no one knew that there was a way for them to also regain their memory through a trigger. Kind of like how no one knew about the resonance since it was so rare

I also thought that it was implied that the duke was pressured into ordering her execution (not that he’s excused from responsibility) so it might make sense for him to be the person who had the spell cast. Maybe he only ordered her execution after finding the mage and confirming that he could send her back? I feel like they’ve made it clear that the duke does feel some level of affection for Kiera, as shit as he is at expressing it.

Lmao, she's so bold, she just met the Duke but she already called him father lol, I laugh so hard😂
Thanks for the update~♡

Dex-chan lover
@Aralc : Makes me wonder if what they read was webnovel version or the lightnovel (printed and likely after going through editing/revision)

Since the transition from WN->LN can result in changes to the plot (not always tho)
Some examples off the top of my head
Overlord completely revamp the story from rather typical light hearted isekai affairs into the grim story we know (most infamously the fate of that girl and her sisters in vol 7, WN had her survive and even reunited with her sisters, LN...ded...sisters sold off and die later...)

Mushoku Tensei doesn't get any plot change last I heard, but it got a new book covering Rudeus coming to be known as Quagmire (including defeating a dragon and failing to bang that one girl due to ED)

Kumoko follow the WN plot until the point where she apotheosis in the WN, instead she remains arachne in LN

then there's Bookworm where thus far the WN/LN plot are pretty much the same and honestly I don't see it diverging at all

@Pyrotrap That's under the assumption that the father didn't regret what he did afterwards. What we see of Cosette is before Kiera dies, but we have no idea what Cosette does with her newfound status afterwards. It's entirely possible that if she had a spell on the dad, it broke and he realized that he killed his actual child. Alternatively, Cosette is also his child, but does something so awful that rather than live with the consequences, he turns back time.

Maybe that's giving him too much credit, but Cosette has such a blatant snake-like pos guardian that whatever they wanted the dukedom for is bad enough to turn back time.

Spoilers from the webnovel below, for those confused by the recent events.
I know I was confused, so actively searched for webnovel spoilers so I wouldn't spend time trying to figure out the convoluted past and instead focus on how Keira would change this current timeline. So those that want to know, feel free to read them, maybe they'll save you a headache as they did me lol

So, yes, the father/duke is the one that asked the wizard to turn back time. Why? Because Cosette is his daughter, but the soul inside her is a demon's. Cosette was born stillborn (so never actually lived) and her mother apparently made a deal with a demon to get revenge on the duke and all that happened to her. The first wife still died, but a demon took over Cosette's body. This means that after Keira died in the first timeline, the actual saintess that the oracle prophesized was dead. No other spirit users would be around. The demon used this opportunity and raised hell with a demon army and the world basically went up in flames. So the father/duke went to the magician to have time-reversed and leave Keira with her memories so hopefully, she'd stop this from happening. Keira is the duke's daughter, for sure. And from the sound of the spoilers I read, she is the real saintess spirit user. The only reason the demon!Cosette can put on that spirit display is because of some shenanigans with demons using a blood relative of the spirit users (Cosette's body) to manipulate the spirits. Though I will say this spoiler was less clear, so take it as speculation as even I'm not 100% on how a demon in a spirit user's body could control/show spirits to "prove" they are related to the duke.

YESYSEYSEYESYYESYSEEYSESYSABFJSAILGHAIUGLHEUAIRGHERAIUGHAEIUR;GHERIUA;HGAERG PLEASE PLEASE JRIOHGARIUIM BEGGING YOU PLEASE MAKE UP OMYGOODNESS EYYSYSYSYESYESYESYESYSSYYSESEYYESYESYESYESYSEYESYESSYEYESYES PLEASEEEEEEEEEE IM BETTING ON THIS IF NOT I'M REALLY GONNA CRY SIHGUOADHGUOAEBG

Ah, it's true the Duke had the nightmares. Could it be the one who turned time back. The plot thickens but this sure would explain why he has the nightmares. He would also be the one better placed to want the past to change if he learned about all the shit Cosette did and would have done in the future after the death of Keira.

THE ONE WHO SAVED YOU KEIRA IS YOUR FATHER!!!! It IS HIM WHO TURNED BACK THE TIME BUT LOSY THE MEMORIES GIRL IT WAS HIIIIM!! Gosh im TrusFraTeD

Dex-chan lover
99.8% sure that it wasn't the dad who sent her back, he is just behaving like this since he ACTUALLY cares for her this time around, which has been shown before. Last time he didn't give a rats ass about her since she was just a cold fortress, where as she is actually behaving like a girl her age this time around.

You know what tho, if the duke was actually the one to turn back time and has memories. Why tf has he not fixed his attitude?? He obviously regretted his actions in the other timeline but he’s barely changed in this one??

No, he just realized that you are his precious daughter this time. You made him realize that .

Thank you for the translations.

Aggregator gang
With the way the Duke was written in previous chapters it would make no sense if he retained his memories the whole time, so chances are either Keira is wrong about him retaining memories (despite us seeing snippets of him getting flashes of it), or he just recently started remembering.

Users who are viewing this thread