I Am the Real One - Vol. 1 Ch. 9

For reals?
Are you that much of a workaholic/insomniac that you didn't notice her not calling you "father" until *after* the conversation?!

Somebody invent some fantasy-world coffee for the man. And also a backstory that gives us *some reason* to sympathize at all? (Looked to much like her mother that he loved so lost himself in work, etc)

Also, what the heck is the timeline between Keira's mom, Cosette's mom (who he seems to have loved from that one flashback), and lil bro's mom?!
Cause Keira's mom was supposed to have died when she was quite young, the bro was born 5 years after Keira (his 13th bday while she's 18), and Cosette is supposed to be between the 2 age wise??
What the heckie is up with his love life?!

The knights are all so precious!! They're so supportive and nice <3
I genuinely don't care about the father's motivations. Whatever his personal hangups when you're a parent you need to do right by your children, something he never manages. Sure things are different for nobles, but i just can't forgive lousy fathers no matter what :mad:

Thanks for the translation~

It would be nice if she chose to become a knight for now since she’ll be stepping down as the next heir

Double-page supporter
Im pretttyyyy sure her dad just has the same problem she does with not being able to emote at all. I don't wanna keep defending douche dads though, since it looks like his son didn't respect him much after he let Keira get imprisoned lol

just felt the need to comment here that it's been a while until i got so emotional over a few chapters.. darn that artist did an amazing job of conveying feelings to the reader ... on the previous chapter there was so much hate and on this one i'm feeling protective and happy ..omg this is so fun XD !!!

ps: stop comparing it to other mangas lol and just enjoy it :)

Dex-chan lover
i want a good explanation of why this dad is an asshole and i want it now.

Double-page supporter
@literal I assume that her mother died after giving birth to her brother, but the possibility that the duke took a 3rd wife is also possible. Hard to say for certain since they haven't mentioned it yet.

I lowkey really want to know what happens after she died, and if the fake daughter and the father lived a happy life. or if the father found out and got drunk from guilt and died. (lol that what I'm just guessing, usually that happens lol)

I wish the commander isn't the ML but I feel like he's probably going to be it. She's like 12 and I think she died when she was 15 ( correct me if I'm wrong) .

I have a theory: Maybe Cosette was a demon who wanted to kill Kiera to cause the disaster? Idk if this has been said before but honestly it’s the only thing I could think off bc if Kiera is killed then the disaster will happen and I don’t think normal citizens would risk that happen just to get fortune or a high position as a daughter of a grand-duke but idk humans are petty as hell tbh.

Users who are viewing this thread