I Am Troubled That My Fiancé Is a Villain - Vol. 1 Ch. 4 - School Part 1

Dex-chan lover
I think folk are missing how the "Heroine" reacted when our protagonist thanked her.

First, the look of surprise, then the look of guilt, then followed with what I feel she meant as genuine apology for being so rude.

But the 3 "love interests" seemed to take it differently, 1 acting because he genuinely thought she was mocking his love 1 (the prince I think?) that either seemed puzzled/surprised/interested that she apologized and 1 that I have no idea what was thinking, though he looked somewhat displeased.

In short, the heroine realized that she was likely being too rude to a girl that likely had no ill will and thus apologised. The one who is trying to push her away from her current group of friends is likely to be at least one of the love interests, likely for their own schemes.

But that is just my guess. But I couldn't just disregard that 1 panel of pure guilt on the heroine's face as just extra panel of no consequence

Contributor
This kind of bullying is even worse than the frontal one.
Because she try to pass for a good person when she is full oh hate, it's sickening.

Thanks god Bern got her out of this place, or it would be ugly.

Dex-chan lover
@Satsuki-Nada yeah, but based on the way she reacted to Lizzie rejecting her, with embarrassment and a contrite expression rather than anger or incredulity, it doesn't look like it's born of evil intent. Now, looking at the MEN at the table, you'd think that Lizzie had just insulted her rather than the polite "thanks, but no thanks" she gave.

Also, Edwin is engaged at this point, is he not? Current estimation of his character is dropping fast regardless. Starting to think that there may have been a good reason to have him offed.

Also, is Bern a last boss of the battle variety or is he a late game capture target? Because if the "needs favorability from everyone" applies to him as well, it's possible the heroine knows of the game as well. Or she's a honeytrap like that bitch from, I think it's accomplishment of a Duke's daughter?

Dex-chan lover
Yet another bitchy heroine. But seems like there's some twist to it, based on a certain spoiler? Perhaps. Too early to judge. I definitely can see the look of guilt the heroine shows there. But anyway, Lizzia-Bern are sooo cute! Thanks for the update! Can't wait to see more.

Group Leader
555dc7ee286efc1732022a93d9505974.png

Yeah, I'd really like to know too. There wasn't nearly enough information regarding Lila in order for me to properly understand what her motives are from that conversation; the dichotomy between how she debuted last chapter/how she was introduced this chapter and how she acted in the conversation is really fucking confusing, but then how she said "sorry" compounded it.

Bern is not even a love interest why is the heroine concerned about him being monopolized by lizzie? Also how rude of the prince to just interrupting their meal and then act like an ass.
Bern should just get rid of those puppet boys they're awfully annoying like bugs.
What an awful group of people heroine included.

More moreeeee
It's good because dramaaa lol
Thank you for the double update xD

Fed-Kun's army
Lila was being super rude. Who the F r u to say Lizzie is monopolizing Bern (HER FIANCÉ) and other upperclassmen. They r her friends
At least she’s not monopolizing other people’s fiancés freaking hussy.
Lizzie X Bern forever!!!

I think the whole thing is reversed the heroine and her friends are bad 👿(two facades) and the villains are the good ones
Thanks for the chapter

Dex-chan lover
Lila has the face of a thousand mass murderers, kkkkk.

The question is not why you have to listen to what they are saying but why do you even care about it. Let them talk, as long as you are happy who cares?

I'm so pissed off.. I want her to answer as such 'what are you saying? If I could really monopolize Bern, I'd have him by my side every second in my life. That's just how much I love him, and he is my fiance! oh, but you probably wouldn't understand this feeling, since you are the cute flower that people would be so eager to monopolize you. right bern?' Hug bern and display lovey dovey scene in front of them.

meaning..

'I own him, he is my fiance, it's only obvious that I have right to monopolize him. You bloody twofaced heroin, stay away from my beloved! You could let yourself be monopolize by many, but my bern is mine alone. '

much later.. people would call her crazy woman.. ah that's me and not lizzie..

Group Leader
yo wtf is with the fake heroine. she's actually scary. I'm freaking scared of her.

Fed-Kun's army
Something about this chapter just really seared itself into my brain, so I keep thinking about it.

Dex-chan lover
Damn, Heroine and friends just teamed up on a single defenseless girl. Bern the real MVP here.

Double-page supporter
how dare you monopolize your fiance and your fiance's sister, you should be ashamed!!!

Dex-chan lover
I don't hate the heroine for steering the conversation to her favor, I just don't like the narrow minded capture targets that are so gullible.
Clever villains are not bad, dumb people in authority are.

Not gonna lie. The otome trope of believing the "heroine" is somehow being insulted when you can see by the conversation she is being a major bitch for no reason is stupid. Its probably some chick who reincarnated as well and is trying to get the "harem" route so she has to get rid of the MC no matter what. prob even sent the prince to "save" his friend from his fiance.

Fed-Kun's army
@Elmithian
In short, the heroine realized that she was likely being too rude to a girl that likely had no ill will and thus apologised. The one who is trying to push her away from her current group of friends is likely to be at least one of the love interests, likely for their own schemes.

That could be. Of course, as others are mentioning, she could be another reincarnated person trying to make her "golden route" happen. Why the guilt and apology then, though? Perhaps it's because, in that scenario, Lila would see that Lizzie is not the villainess, but a random background character that came up by surprise. It's not her fault she got Bern's attention.

In any case, it's definitely that expression that makes me look forward to future developments. Because a clear-cut nasty "heroine" as the villain is not as interesting as a troubled character that might be doing the wrong things for the (in her mind) right reasons.

Users who are viewing this thread