I Am Troubled That My Fiancé Is a Villain - Vol. 1 Ch. 4 - School Part 1

Aggregator gang
Damn, Bern, it's only four chapters in - you don't get to be this much of a chad this fast.

PUF6V1w.jpg

@icarushector

is Bern a last boss of the battle variety or is he a late game capture target?

Some of the stuff said earlier implies that Bern's a battle-style final boss in many of the routes not his own (probably fighting whoever the 'route guy' was at that point), but he's the route guy for the secret route, which is only unlocked by getting everybody's affection to a certain point before various checkpoints.

So, both!

Given some of the things we've heard and seen about this game/world and how dangerous/violent and backstabby it gets, if the heroine's a reincarnator too (my suspicion), I don't think it's at all unreasonable for her to be aiming for a route where she's less likely to get a bad ending, based on what she knows of the game. What she doesn't know is that Bern is a rather different character this time around because the MC's actions are already causing a butterfly effect. She's making the classic blunder: treating the characters she knows from the game as scripted NPCs, and ignoring one who's not supposed to be there. (We haven't been told if Bern had a fiance in the game, but I'm guessing he didn't or didn't care much about her.)

At least that's my guess so far. Time to go find the novels, I guess...

Dex-chan lover
@Walter_vi_Britannia I haven't clicked through any otome games, but based on shoujo manga in general, the characters aren't always so clever you'd want to hire them to run your electoral campaign.

Double-page supporter
@ish131hxs
[/There is another reincarnated person but it isn't Lila, it someone working for one of the other love interests from the game.]

Double-page supporter
@mimicking
[/Lila is being brainwashed and blackmailed with the life of her older brother by one of the boys in the prince's friend group to follow/force the events of the original game]

Aggregator gang
@Umbrecola

Ok, those spoilers make some of this make a ton more sense.

For instance
the kidnap/rape attempt on the MC during Ch. 3. While Bern gave a semi-plausible explanation for it, it seemed a lot more like an attempt to force Bern into being evil per the game's story than an attempt to just prevent him from marrying.

Dex-chan lover
Oi, hold up there, Lia, Litter, whatever your name is, you just surpassed your monthly allowance of bitchery.

Honestly, I wouldn't want to be friends with someone who's flirting or trying to romance someone else's fiancee/boyfriend (The Prince aka Katarinas's fiancee). But then again, if the Prince is so easily manipulated (like in Chapter 4) then I don't want him to end up with Katarina... poor Kat, she deserves someone better, tbh.

Also, I want to see more Lizzie/Kat :(( and Bern MVP, first love interest in a shoujo manga that (so far) 1) isn't manipulated and is actually smart/clever? 2) shows how much he cares for MC and 3) don't bully/insult/is rude to her (again, so far...). Let's hope he continues that way.

Oh! Another thing. The manga is going SO fast, it's almost like it's rushing things. I liked the pace of the novel better (although I haven't finished it yet). In the novel, they actually took their time in each scene, but in here each scene lasts like one panel box and then quickly goes to the next scene and the next one happens a second later and so on and so on. But omg stop, take a breath, why are you rushing things so much???

Group Leader
@Umbrecola i know LMAO i just binge read and finished the novel ever since i posted that. i'm currently reading the extras lolol

Group Leader
These guys are way too slow.
I hope someone snipes it ffs

Dex-chan lover
Guys, I'm excited.
Also, the novel's already finished. If you liked what you read here, I highly recommend to read the source material too.
It's more detailed than here, especially last chapter. I believe that's one of the most highlighted arcs and I'm kinda bummed out they just glossed over here casually.

@Yourredhead: AHHH THE PEA SCENE! Idk why i was so excited to see that scene from the novel!

ME TOO, it's one of my fave cute little couple scenes from a LN. Stuff happens and meanwhile Bern is quietly moving his peas off his plate onto Lizzie's so he doesn't have to eat them and Lizzie is just as quietly moving the peas back. STG they flirt by just being extremely super comfortable with each other.

I hate this lila girl 😂 ... but its all good cuz bern has or FL back so she will be fine 👌🤔❤

Chapter 3 was a mess and chapter 4 felt a bit rushed . Hopefully the whole story starts fixing up its pacing soon.
@XieShu Why cant you just be satisfied someone is translating it. Their doing this for free as a hobby so the rest of us can enjoy the series. What you said is extremely rude <.<

@XieShu wow nice for you to complain when you did nothing to contribute. They are doing this for free, you didn't donate a single dime for you to even say anything. Grow up🙄

Dex-chan lover
Oof. This is some introduction. I guess Lila already has the love interests in the palm of her hand then?

Users who are viewing this thread