I Became a Childhood Friend of a Mid-Level Boss - Ch. 25

Supporter
wtf an entire chapter that's actually about the childhood friend
impossible

lol at that diagram though. what's the point of the green arrows? "everything points to everything else!"
ah the inner ones only point out... and light/dark is weak to water (?)

Last edited:
Double-page supporter
wtf an entire chapter that's actually about the childhood friend
impossible

lol at that diagram though. what's the point of the green arrows? "everything points to everything else!"
Exactly my thoughts, we are finally getting to see Haneul more, she has barely had any "screen time" when she was meant to be the focus of the whole Manhwa.

Dex-chan lover

No? Every common element only has affinity with the ones on its sides, and none has affinity with light/dark. Light and dark have affinities with all the common elements, except water.

If you learn earth magic, you can more easily learn lightning and wind, but not the other.
If it's light, you can also easily learn all the others except dark and water.

Dex-chan lover
No? Every common element only has affinity with the ones on its sides, and none has affinity with light/dark. Light and dark have affinities with all the common elements, except water.

If you learn earth magic, you can more easily learn lightning and wind, but not the other.
If it's light, you can also easily learn all the others except dark and water.
But we're told people never learn more then 1 element, the lines are your basic effective vs ineffective (or neutral) pokemonesque combat style.

Dex-chan lover
But we're told people never learn more then 1 element, the lines are your basic effective vs ineffective (or neutral) pokemonesque combat style.
That's the blue and red lines.

From the next drawing and the fact Haneul is an ice witch, I guess people have 1 or more "starting" element, and then can invest in this elements for cheap, or a bit more in the ones with affinity, and even more for the others.
Let's say someone has fire magic. They can spend 1 point to gain 1 level in fire, 2 for one level in wind and water, 3 in lightning and earth, 4 in dark or light. If they have 10 points, they can spend all on fire to be a strong level 10, or be a weak level 2 in fire, wind and water (2*1+2*2+2*2), or a weak level 1 in fire and 3 in earth (1+3*3).
So most people would focus on one element and be strong in it, instead of being weak in multiple ones, unless they're a genius/monster/anomaly like the witch.

At least that's how I interpret it, based on decades of playing RPGs. :)

Dex-chan lover
I thought the green arrows meant "If you use these 2 elements in a single attack it becomes amplified", blue arrows as in "this magic can't beat this one if they clashed" and the red arrows the other way around as blue ones

Dex-chan lover
it looks like she's the version of megumin that isn't so obsessed with explosion magic lmao

this is a scam. the title says about mc becoming the friend of bunny girl but it's actually-

I Became a Rizzler​

Users who are viewing this thread