I Became a Childhood Friend of a Mid-Level Boss - Ch. 30

Dex-chan lover
Looks like they cut out Kyunwoo brushing Haneul's hair and bantering about whether to call their cohabitation as "living together" or "spending time together".

Also for people wondering why destruction and theft of tickets is allowed: becoming a hunter is not easy and there is a super high mortality rate. The exams are designed to weed out as many people as possible before they get themselves killed. IIRC the WN's statistics were almost 1 in 5 will die before graduating and 1 in 3 will die within 5 years of graduating

Why Haneul uses a hammer: Haneul wanted a weapon that could bring out an Ain's enhanced physical strengths and be combined with magic. Kyunwoo suggested a sword or spear. Yena suggested firearms or a melee baton/staff. Both agreed to let Haneul pick what she wanted but the idea was to have a weapon with long reach to keep enemies at bay. Haneul settled on giant hammers because she liked the sensation of smashing things and somehow she felt all her stress melt away when she held one. When Kyunwoo gifted her the giant hammer she uses in this chapter, her smile was so bright he ran away from her in embarassment. He wound up leaving her thank you gift of hot cocoa behind because of that.

Dex-chan lover
I understand that the story is based on a role-playing game and that these are normal quests... but transposed to the ‘real life of that world’, this whole test makes so little sense, that it takes me out of the story.

If they want to exterminate the worthless, there are more effective ways to do it.

Dex-chan lover
Why Haneul uses a hammer: Haneul wanted a weapon that could bring out an Ain's enhanced physical strengths and be combined with magic. Kyunwoo suggested a sword or spear. Yena suggested firearms or a melee baton/staff. Both agreed to let Haneul pick what she wanted but the idea was to have a weapon with long reach to keep enemies at bay. Haneul settled on giant hammers because she liked the sensation of smashing things and somehow she felt all her stress melt away when she held one. When Kyunwoo gifted her the giant hammer she uses in this chapter, her smile was so bright he ran away from her in embarassment. He wound up leaving her thank you gift of hot cocoa behind because of that.
Why Haneul really uses a hammer: It's the staple weapon of all self-respecting anime bunny girls.

I understand that you need to be at least smart enough to plan strategies during battle but these tests are without a doubt way too uselessly edgy. It's literally  lots and lots of subjective and overcomplicated riddles and mechanics with little use in combat. Rather than selecting strong individuals they're gathering people which would be better off programming in assembly. There's just so many more efficient ways of doing this.:haa:

Users who are viewing this thread