I Became an Evolving Space Monster - Ch. 14

Dex-chan lover
Precog is gonna kill some of the fights excitement since he will forever know when he can die in a fight. So like a predators on TV he ran away since he didn't want to die...

Aggregator gang
This would be a much better story if it didn't have the gamer-reincarnation gimmick. It would require better writing skills though, since the gimmick is used to conceal plot holes and plot armor.
idk i feel like the Reincarntation plot is needed (or at least something equally similar) to even tell a story like this.
otherwise it wouldn't be from the POV of the alien anymore since it would be a Silent story then since the alien wouldn't have a human consciousness and wouldn't have the ability to think/act like a human for the plot.
it'd probably just end up being a standard horror plot from the POV of the ship crew if that was a case.

if it was done from the POV of the regular Alien it'd end up something like the manga Blame, mostly silent in theme because the alien obviously can't tell it's story because it's not a human in mind anymore.

Dex-chan lover
idk i feel like the Reincarntation plot is needed (or at least something equally similar) to even tell a story like this.
otherwise it wouldn't be from the POV of the alien anymore since it would be a Silent story then since the alien wouldn't have a human consciousness and wouldn't have the ability to think/act like a human for the plot.
it'd probably just end up being a standard horror plot from the POV of the ship crew if that was a case.

if it was done from the POV of the regular Alien it'd end up something like the manga Blame, mostly silent in theme because the alien obviously can't tell it's story because it's not a human in mind anymore.
I get what you are saying, but it could have been a super solder human-alien hybrid experiment gone out of control, for example. The issue I have with the gamer-reincarnation gimmick is that it comes across as very deus ex machina excuse every time the author writes himself into a corner or wants to move the plot forward. The alien isn't just a reincarnated human, it's replaying a video game in real life and knows what to do out of the blue because of it, ending up being a Marty Stu.
I also really don't like the usage of game stats and skill trees as a somehow innate biological system. It's an incredibly lazy way to show your character has improved.

Dex-chan lover
It was satisfying, but I wanted more of a struggle. No shots connected, so it never felt he was in a situation he needed to act really fast or he would die
The last shot only need to move half of an inch to the left (from MC's POV) and it would take out MC's arm completely, if it move anymore than that then MC's head will be no more, how much closer do you need? It clearly stated in the chapter before that any bullet coming out of that particular gun will just delete MC's body, killing him instantly. And MC did take a bunch of shots already, but all of them are just regular guns that cannot seriously damages MC's armored body.

Dex-chan lover
Predators love leaving scared prey behind after getting the target / big fish.

After all natural predators do not hunt for fun, they hunt with a purpose.
Yeah. Take Cheetah for an example, they will only start a hunt that will yield them a result. Cuz if they chase haphazardly it would just waste their energy and consecutive failed hunt could kill them.

Dex-chan lover
command is in shamble and almost all officers left seems to be cowards and incompetents.
sure soldiers could overwhelm him with numbers but that's unlikely.
the ship crew is as good as dead until the pirates or the aristocrat family arrive.
Well yeah. The only one that competent enough was Arnold alone. With him dead, the soldiers is pretty much a headless chicken now.

Dex-chan lover
Great, now I feel like playing Carrion.
Anyone know of games where you play as the Monster?
Skyrim, be an Argonian or a Khajiit. Literally eaters of raw meat 🍖 ( raw diet ).

If playing as a villain, I recommend High Elf.

Dex-chan lover
Isekai is the easiest plot entry for an interesting story, you know like how USB connects all shenanigans.

I get what you are saying, but it could have been a super solder human-alien hybrid experiment gone out of control, for example. The issue I have with the gamer-reincarnation gimmick is that it comes across as very deus ex machina excuse every time the author writes himself into a corner or wants to move the plot forward. The alien isn't just a reincarnated human, it's replaying a video game in real life and knows what to do out of the blue because of it, ending up being a Marty Stu.
I also really don't like the usage of game stats and skill trees as a somehow innate biological system. It's an incredibly lazy way to show your character has improved.

Users who are viewing this thread