I Belong to House Castiello - Ch. 84

I don't know who she's supposed to end up with, but I hope it's not Emiel. There's no spark there, I always feel awkward reading bits where her crush is shown because it feels so forced -_-

Contributor
Poor Roy, he was waiting for this for a long time, only to get cockblocked by Estelle.
Well, the mood is probably ruined for him now, but they can at least stay together a little more.

@AlexandraH

lol, how can y’all think 6 isn’t too big of an age gap, especially when they’re still that young? I’m 25 and I’d still feel weird about approaching a 19 year old romantically, almost more is if i’ve known them since they were 12.

like does the old half your age plus 7 rule no longer matter huh?

Because it's not a really big age gap, 6 years is nothing, especially once both people are adults.
My parents age gap is 11 or 12, and they meet when my mom was 18, so i don't mind this at all.

A big age gap for me would be at least 12+ years.
20 is when it start to become weird.

Fed-Kun's army
DUMPED IN PRISON THAT'S WHAT GONNA HAPPEN LMAO!
Nah, I honestly don't care if they're gonna be together or not, I do hope they get more fleshed out.
Thanks for the translation!

Fed-Kun's army
All aboard, the love train. Roy and Ellen one of my favorite pairings. Stephanie and Jin. And hopefully Estelle and Emiel can hope aboard soon at that.

Relating to my theories on the queens daughter.
Not sure, if my hunch is right but Queens daughter might be actively involved with the wizards tower because of her mother and she may be given eyes. I worry about her, hope she is well.

I don't like Emiel as much as a character. He's pretty one note and I really don't ever look forward to seeing him anymore. I was a fan of his in the beginning as a mysterious protector but that's all drained away. At this point, I don't really ship Emiel and the MC. He kind of just feels like a schoolyard crush, a fleeting fancy made in one's formative years. I would rather see Estelle mature a bit more and find a partner with much more personality and wit that was more of her equal than some protector. She is growing up from someone who was a damsel in distress to force of her own and I want her to be paired with someone who suits who she's becoming rather than someone who suits who she was.

Fed-Kun's army
WwwwwwwwwwwW
So Roy ship was with Ellen and not Anne.... XD

Aksksksksksk i wonder...
Mood...? M O O D??? IN WHAT MOOD WERE YOU GUYS IN HUH....?????? 👀😂

@LysandersTreason

My bad, a knight having the hots for his teenage charge isn’t a creep at all. A teenage charge that he has been guarding since she was what, 12? 10? Watching over her probably every day since her childhood. That sweet babysitter romance.
It’s not a simple case of meeting someone when they were a kid, or having an age gap. This is bordering on grooming. Stop trying to defend it.

A romantic interest who she has to trust absolutely? I wholeheartedly agree with that. But the author could have created any kind of situation, characters and relationships they wanted at any point in time in the story and they chose to do this. I think that deserves criticism.

I honestly won’t mind if this turns out to be Estelle’s onesided crush or a dependency that she learns to work through. Or something in that vein. If this is supposed to be an actual pairing then not only is it creepy, it’s bad and ham-fisted writing.

Dex-chan lover
@Legion that is what I described ... the timeskip was used so that the characters couldnt evolve on their own, which would most likely lead to the point where Estelle would outgrow Emiel and fall in love with another character. Just look at my previous comment.

I still can't help feeling bleh about EstellexEmiel, even Estelle's interactions with her brother's friends feel more interesting than this ship. Such a strange direction for the author to take ...

@Dragou

I agree with your sentiment of forcing a character to do the plot.

George R. R. Martin explains his writing style by making a very rough outline of where he wants the story to go and then writing chapters by getting in the head of his characters and running free as them. If they don't end up where he wants them to be, then that's just how it is. He never betrays the character. What a lot people have pointed out about the last few seasons of Game of Thrones has been that the characters started to act unlike they did previously. There were a lot of other things wrong but one of the issues is that David Benioff and D. B. Weiss were pushing the characters to a predetermined ending.

The mother arc felt a bit forced for me. The early chapters were so sweet and heartwarming and after the wizard tower arc, it seems like danger and suspense are the new style of the story and the author is forcing that change.

If I were to compare this to a similar story, The Monster Duchess and the Contract Princess, that story had danger and suspense from the very beginning but also was very sweet and heartwarming. It also involves an obvious trap arc, which was was more to highlight the MC's naivete while this one was to highlight the MC's cunning or inexperience? I'm not sure what the point was. It also involves a childhood romance between an older protective character and the young MC, except I'm much more accepting of Contract Princess' ship because it looks like they would be far more of complements of each other.

god my perverted mind can’t stop imagining Roy and Ellen getting hot up in there without the cockblock from mc

Users who are viewing this thread