I Belong to House Castiello

This reminds me of the Tale of Genji. Its like an eastern trope to grow up and marry your guardian. I've seen it in several stories. Something that seems fine in another land's morality is not fine with our Western Sensibilities.

Contributor
@Aiyie2freak

Estelle x Emiel felt wrong ya know cuz it would make Emiel seems like a predator since he has been taking care of her since she's a child and isnt he's like double her age or sumthn? It felt totally wrong, morally

No, Emiel is only 6-7 years older than Estelle, it was said in the beginning of the story, just after he became her official knight (chapter 6 i think ?).
So, if estelle was 11-12 in the beginning, he was 18 y old.
Now that she is 16-17 y old, he is 23 y old.

I don't know about the ships and all that but damn she needs to have a conversation with herself about the whole "they only love me because I'm a kid" thing... That not the case Estelle! It's okay to grow up... You need to grow up

I dont lile xeon either. First the star thing, makes me wanna smack him, it sounds worse than princess. Second, he doesn't have chemistry with estelle and he feels more like a friend than a romantic interest. Honestly I wish there is someone better to ship with her

Xeon is a bit annoying lol its not a bad thing that she loves the people that work for her and vew them as family. But also emiel with his armor saying that he would go aswell definetly stood out haha he could atleast wear sth else

A dozen chapters in: adorable sweet little story
70 chapters in: irredeemable rich shoujo trash with dumb romance and no plot, time to unfollow

I'm sure the manwha hasn't changed significantly, just my tolerance for it, but heck, too many of its tags are irrelevant.

@Mary_2000 at this point i think he will be lol v__v sucks because that must be one hell of an age gap between the two of them. I wish the ml would be riddle but he looking mighty sus rn

Read up till chapter 71 and there's still nothing resembling an actual coherent plot.
I love the characters, but the pacing and plot is just a hot mess.

I really enjoyed the first part, where the relationships are explored and the world kind of gets established, but after that it's like the writer doesn't actually know what the plot is and just writes whatever comes to mind. Especially in the recent chapters the story suddenly changes focus and the tone changes completely.

As for the genre tags:
Drama: Not really? There's like one memorable dramatic event in the first 60 chapters. After chapter 67 or so it suddenly tries to become a romance drama.

Fantasy: Yes. Magic and all that stuff. Mostly just used to show MCs family is not like the other girls families.

Historical: Setting has a social hierarchy similar to that in European history, but MCs family is special and basically can ignore most social rules anyway.

Isekai: MC has memories from a 23 yo korean woman, uses the info exactly twice in the entire story, also behaves like a 12 year old regardlessly.
Basically the memories from her past life are just there because the writer needed an excuse as to how MC knew how to deal with certain stuff.

Mystery: The only mystery is what the plot actually is supposed to be.

Romance: Suddenly getting shoehorned in after the timeskip.

Tragedy: The only tragedy so far is the writing in the recent chapters and the pacing in the overall story. And ofc every other character has a tragic backstory that may or may not actually influence the character's actions.

Honestly it started off pretty good but it took too long to go anywhere, and now that a direction has seemingly been decided it's too different from the first half of the story to make it connect properly. The story should've started after the timeskip and just have some flashbacks and it would've made more sense than whatever is going on right now.

Fed-Kun's army
I stopped reading after chapter 48 was released and the recent comments here have convinced me that I shouldn't really pick this up again.

Group Leader
Plot will be there eventually, but it's still many chapters away. I dropped it tho cause Emil is endgame and what we've seen until now, emil is
mentally unstable, sadistic and violent. He even hurts estelle and is an becomes an alcoholic in the future
Well i don't liked him from the beginning, but thats only my opinion :)

Can't wait for the next updates. Hope everyone is well :).
Thank you for the updates.
Cannot wait to see what happens next.

What the f is xeon all about? Seriously getting annoying, where does that animosity came from and why is it directed at emiel? I get that he's not into getting babysit but jesus it feels so forced

As of now this is starting to feel really forced, and story isnt really goinf anywhere. I really hope it progresses better in the future as i really like the duke's family

Users who are viewing this thread