I cannot upload a new forum icon [Fixed]

Dex-chan lover
Hello all. Turns out we had a permissions issue on the filesystem for avatars, meaning Xenforo wasn't allowed to create new avatar directories. And it likes grouping users in those directories. So users uploading an avatar could indeed be denied for no valid reason whatsoever...

Though it wasn't due to use stopping new users from uploading avatars, those were most likely to run into the issue indeed (since it happened to users uploading an avatar for the first time, basically).

Should now be fixed.
Hey. You rule. 🫡

Group Leader
Hello all. Turns out we had a permissions issue on the filesystem for avatars, meaning Xenforo wasn't allowed to create new avatar directories. And it likes grouping users in those directories. So users uploading an avatar could indeed be denied for no valid reason whatsoever...

Though it wasn't due to us stopping new users from uploading avatars, those were most likely to run into the issue indeed (since it happened to users uploading an avatar for the first time, basically).

Should now be fixed.
Avatar doesn't seem to be causing any issues, but I'm still getting 504's when trying to upload a new gif banner :/

Yuri Enjoyer
Staff
Developer
Avatar doesn't seem to be causing any issues, but I'm still getting 504's when trying to upload a new gif banner :/
Yeah unfortunately we can't fix the fact that the Xenforo devs have no clue how to deal with GIF files at all... :(

I still get 400 Bad Request with
Security error occurred. Please press back, refresh the page, and try again.
though :/

P/S: and a 504 for updating my cover, but that's addressed

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread