I cannot upload a new forum icon [Fixed]

Dex-chan lover
I'm trying to change my forum icon here and each time I try to upload a new image I got the error "OOPS! We ran into some problems!!" and it wouldn't let me replace what I had.

I deleted my old icon to see if that was the case and now it's stuck on the "S" and I can't upload a new image no matter what image I try. Is something up or am I just a massive idiot and I'm missing something?

File Attacher
Staff
Super Moderator
Also seeing it here, returns status 400, even in an incognito tab :thonk:

Not sure if it matters or also works on the forums but x-request-id: f7d9f84c-92f2-4882-952f-ede72f4ed34c

Edit: Just tried Edge InPrivate and same thing:
ea7b63be-abbe-486a-b961-cc781f3da285

Edit2: Just tried in my Linux VM with Chrome 117.0.5938.132.. same thing :haa:
8c160ab5-b612-4965-9d8b-d0c910a2c87f

Last edited:
MD@Home
Work in normal and incognito chrome desktop and mobile, must be connection issue 🤔

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I wonder if it's because I use a chrome adjacent browser. So weird. Thanks for the help, I'll try it!

Strangely enough, I get a 500 error response from the server, not a 400 response. The file I'm using is a 400x400 PNG.

Contributor
It looks like it's more of a bug than an issue with the features.

Why is this thread in the support section?

File Attacher
Staff
Super Moderator
It looks like it's more of a bug than an issue with the features.

Why is this thread in the support section?
Well, a bug is a clear unintentional behaviour and so considering that it just says something along the lines of "Error, try again later" you wouldn't normally think that the thing itself is broken, but now that it's clear that it affects quite a few users and could be a bug, sure, you can go ahead and report the thread and get a mod to weigh in on whether it should get moved or not :nyoron:

Dex-chan lover
I had no idea which section to put this in so it ended up where it ended up. Is uploading a profile picture considered a feature? What happens when there’s a bug with a feature?

Anyways, I hope this gets fixed, no matter the forum it’s in.

So, I'm having an issue with my profile. I'm not able to add a profile pic. I'm getting an server error, but if I try to add a pic to the banner, there's no problem. It's happening since yesterday. I tried compressing the image too, but it still isn't working. Does anyone know how to fix this? If you do, pls help me out.

I'm a new user, and I'd like to change my profile picture. I've uploaded an image that meets the minimum requirements of 400x400 pixels, but I'm receiving an error message: "OOPS! WE RAN INTO SOME PROBLEMS. A server error occurred. Please try again later." What should I do?

Dex-chan lover
I get an error when I try to upload an image. I'm using an image that is at least 400x400 pixels

edit: The error message says "OOPS! WE RAN INTO SOME PROBLEMS. A server error occurred. Please try again later."

Users who are viewing this thread