I can't believe I will suggest this: SMS text notification of tagged manga new content. [REJECTED OUTRIGHT]

Dex-chan lover
This could flip from incredibly smart, to the dumbest suggestion ever.
I suggest the ability to receive SMS text notification only on certain favored manga. NOT ALL FAVORED MANGA.

Technically it possible to feed SMS text messages into the phone system(s). Many free websites offer that ability. Is there a charge for it ? Available across all providers ? Privacy pledge from MD to not data mine the phone numbers ?

I receive daily SMS messages from bjs.com, weather.com, google.com etc ...

Possible ?

Upvote 0
Dex-chan lover
Phones have data service now, no need to involve sms or your phone number (which makes the service more enticing to hackers and privacy minefield), there is probably 3rd party rss for mangadex too. Not sure when the official rss will return though.

Head Contributor Wrangler
Staff
Super Moderator
Text messages are expensive, you're looking at $30-40 per 1000 and it'll be more expensive in some countries. We have limited funds, and even if we only had 10k active users using text messages it'd cost us north of $10k a MONTH just for this.

Contributor
This could flip from incredibly smart, to the dumbest suggestion ever.
I suggest the ability to receive SMS text notification only on certain favored manga. NOT ALL FAVORED MANGA.

Technically it possible to feed SMS text messages into the phone system(s). Many free websites offer that ability. Is there a charge for it ? Available across all providers ? Privacy pledge from MD to not data mine the phone numbers ?

I receive daily SMS messages from bjs.com, weather.com, google.com etc ...

Possible ?
Possible? Yes. Going to happen? Never.

In case you didn't know there reason Twitter dropped SMS as a 2fa option was not because its horribly insecure but because its expensive to send text messages.

Head Contributor Wrangler
Staff
Super Moderator
Possible? Yes. Going to happen? Never.

In case you didn't know there reason Twitter dropped SMS as a 2fa option was not because its horribly insecure but because its expensive to send text messages.
The company’s owner, Elon Musk, claims this abuse is costing Twitter about US$60m a year.

It's believable.

Users who are viewing this thread