MangaDex Suggested Features: Megathread

is a Reindeer
VIP
@ed A majority of our traffic comes from mobile users so hover functionality isn't high on our priority list

https://shurimtranslation.com/
can we make anti sniping other translator work when they are working the series, like novelupdates and make it 3 months inactivity to be picked up by other. its sad when one with dedication for 2 years and make a series popular and when the anime gets popular and someone sniped it works and even facilitated. it become sadder when shurim even didn't consider quality and consider speed more to beat an anon (competition in manga translation is bad for quality like before bato.to). its okay to re-upload some for better quality but make it after atleast 3 months after release of the official group. but sniping popular works and double translation is never good.

Is there a way to save the sorting preferences on my MDList so they are always the same when I open the list?

For instance, if I click the drop down on the top right and choose MDList, it gives me all the manga I am following sorted by title. However, I would like the default to be sorted by "Last Updated," or possibly even only "Reading" manga sorted by "Last Update." Of course I can do this easily, but it is more clicks. I only come by every day to check if there are any updates, and only occasionally do I want to read a particular manga that was not very recently updated.

(It also kind of annoys me to see the covers of the first alphabetical manga every time I open the list, for some reason. Like, I didn't want to think about that manga right now? Because I'm crazy? I would rather be excited by a new update.)

Lux

Power Uploader
Would it be possible to select language filter of new chapters for latest updates and follows list separately? I'd like to use latest update page without language filter to get to know new manga, but if i disable filters it's annoying to see updates in foreign language in follows list.

Dex-chan lover
Please add an additional futa tag as the silly group biribiri swarms our Hentai hole with this crap. :/

Aggregator gang
It probably wouldn't hurt to get some sort of trans tag. I mean, you could probably mix it with a blanket futa tag or something? It is just super inconsistent in tagging works with trans or futa characters. Or some blanket queer tag? Idk

Genderswap normally ends up being a change in the gender of the mc through magic fuckery . Crossdressing implies a character dressing as the other gender while identifying as another. Neither particularly work great for stuff like Kanojo ni Naritai (on the trans end of the spectrum) and Futanari Elf (on the futa end of the spectrum). Just figure it might help make finding stuff easier.

Fed-Kun's army
is it possible to get a filter option in the followed section? I'm looking to separate completed (publication)mangas from ongoing (currently) mangas that I am following. Hopefully, this suggestion may be of some use, but if not no biggie 🙂

Group Leader
One way to fund MangaDex is to set up a vpn-service. This way people will be able to bypass cloudflare and get faster access and a vpn as well. It’s obviously a big thing to start, and the best is probably to buy the post-vpn www-access from another provider, but considering how tech savvy some of the people behind MangaDex are I don’t doubt you could pull it off. Still there’s many questions about boring stuff, so if it’s worth it I can’t tell.

If you’re lucky you could find a provider that could specifically route the MangaDex users to the MangaDex servers while users could use an existing service, but this sounds like a big hassle as well since they would probably charge more than it’s worth ;)

Edit: Actually I was overthinking this, it’s pretty simple but it probably has to be done in two steps:
1. User buys vpn access from the VPN service (and gets an account name).
2. User buys MangaDex access from MangaDex (and types in the VPN account name).
3. MangaDex sends the list of people with access to the vpn-provider (obviously via azure ad WHAT ELSE).
4. VPN-provider modifies the rules for these users.

I think that this is a rather popular opinion, but I feel like the April Fool's day ads were actually a good feature.

Setting the obvious humor and lewdness factor aside, it acted as a sort of recommendation feature, and I ended up finding some good reads with the ads.

I've been finding lately that it was hard to find new reads using just the top or new sorting options, so this was a good experience for me.

I think that having the ads as a toggle option like the hentai option would be great, or having a better manga recommendation system in general (for example, manga page could have links to other manga that readers liked).

Can we have an option to not require email for registration? I know i can use temporary emails but that's no better than not using any email at all.

When I click the "Completed" option in the "Follow" drop-down list of a Manga entry page, it marks all chapters as read. This includes all chapters of all languages, so besides -- for example -- English, chapters in other languages such as French, Spanish and Turkish will also be marked.

This is not a very big issue, to be honest, and perhaps fixing it will not be worth the effort at this time. I just thought there was no harm in bringing this up.

Miku best girl
Admin
@dibomailnet

The point is to stop bots signing up. The email activation requirement is an extra hurdle to overcome for bots.

I'd like the ability to have a specific "favourites list" as well as a completed list, for the sake of being able to quickly find the manga that I've enjoyed most to reread or share with others.

I apologize if there's already a custom/favourites list feature I haven't noticed, but I couldn't find anything about one.

Group Leader
I don't know if someone already mentionned this issue or not, but I don't think I've seen it in this thread. This is something that could possibly affect people who have selected more than one language in their preferences. Let's use an example:
The 30th chapter of X was updated in language 1, then the 20th chapter in language 2. We will only be able to see chapter 20 (in language 2) on the main page. Thus, if we didn't see the first update before the second one was uploaded, we have no way of knowing about it and could miss chapter 30.
Would it be possible to display the latest updates for each language separately? To come back to the example, would it be possible to see both chapter 30 in language 1 and chapter 20 in language 2 on the latest updates and follows pages?

Dex-chan lover
I dont know if it has been said, but maybe make a reply button similar to 4chan?

Its hard to reply to somebody on mobile as it it, moreso if the person has hard to spell name.

And if theres a heated argument in the chat, id love to be able to see the parent comment which are currently pretty hard to do as i have to remember the guys name and scroll through the comment to find that name.

Users who are viewing this thread