MangaDex Suggested Features: Megathread

@Plykiya
Yes those exist. It’s just hard to see the cover image in one and not possible in the other.
In grid view you can easily, visually and quickly browse through your list in a way both others aren’t able to. Switching to expanded and simple list to see the ratings would defy the whole purpose of “extremely fast and efficient browsing”.

Custom title
Staff
Developer
@meridun posted:

I'd like to request that manga which for which you have selected a reading status should display whether you have read the most recently updated chapter. Bonus points if this honors your language filters for chapters. I'm aware that this already exists on the Updated pages and the chapter list when you click on a particular manga, but it would be nice to be able to see this on the title listing and followed title lists, such as the one in the screen shot above.

I'm sure this has been suggested before, but I haven't seen an obvious response to it.
I'm like 90% certain we can do this pretty easily after the planned read marker update.

Double-page supporter
Ello, I've read at the Filters section that someone already suggested a "Hide" button for a single manga only, but it is not in the confirmed section sadly. I completely agree that there should be a "Won't Read" button next to the "Reading", cuz recently and this might sound rude but there's this manga which really raises my blood pressure each time I run into it, it really pisses me off big time whenever I see it. And I can't avoid it no matter what. I use this site religiously on a daily basis so I search a lot of new things whenever I run out, but my problem is when I click that genre I really like, that ONE MANGA KEEPS SHOWING UP because it keeps getting updated! It's not like the manga is bad, or something that should be killed with fire, it even has a decent amount of ratings. It's just a personal hate I accumulated over time and it's really taking a toll on me.

This has just turned into me venting my anger and emotion so sorry. I hope in the next update they can implement the "Won't Read" button, it will sit nicely on the bookmark's sub-section next to the "Plan to read". If not next update, hopefully it will be moved to the confirmed section.
Thank you for reading my suggestion of pushing a suggestion. I made this after running into a manga I hate the 58th time. sry

Add ability to filter searches/titles for not followed in any shape or form manga? Basically like a discover function, would allow people to search for mangas they havent touched yet

Prob confusing but would help readers like me who like to go through mangas quickly then move onto the next and wait for sporadic updates

Could the header auto-hide on desktop, like it does on mobile? Having the header uselessly eat screen space bugs me so I turn the header off, but it's kind of annoying to not have the header and having an extra click to get back to my follows. Any kind of auto-hide on desktop would be great!

Contributor
I was browsing the H section the other day and was wondering if it is possible to put H work only tags for them. Like NTR, etc. Just if your using this site for the H works, it would be a pain to find anything.

Can you add a way to hide chapters you already read in the Follows tab? pls :)

Fed-Kun's army
I think a useful feature to add would be something along the lines of the already existing feature of clicking the little eye icon next to a read chapter to mark it as unread. Maybe have something that does the opposite. Personally I read a couple of chapters of a series before deciding if I want to follow it but once I do, I have to go back and scroll through all the chapters I read already one at a time which can get pretty tedious.

Dex-chan lover
Please add language filters, i don't care about translations i can't read.

Dex-chan lover
Oh right, i forgot it exists because it doesn't work for me some reason. It doesn't save my settings.

Custom title
Staff
Developer
@Tomzai posted:

Oh right, i forgot it exists because it doesn't work for me some reason. It doesn't save my settings.
If you're actually pressing the Save button and it still doesn't work, try again after clearing your cookies and logging back in using this link: https://mangadex.org/login?clear_cookies=1

lrb

I don't like how multiple uploaders show up in the same list. It's totally chaotic and makes the completionist in me scream. Perhaps a setting which allows one to choose a single uploader from a dropdown would be a good solution to this. Additionally, only showing uploads from that group in the feed might be a good option to offer. Optionally show content from a different uploader if the one you have selected doesn't upload in a while or something.

trb8vfB.png

Group Leader
I tried clicking on the "Show delayed chapter on the front page" thread, but it only redirects me back to this page. May I have any update on this?

Contributor
it would be realy nice if informations like volume, chapter number and name could be filled in automatically if i upload a zip file containing these information in its name(for example vol1_ch_2-title.zip)
it would be alot easier to rename all zips i want to upload in one go than to fill in all info after each upload finished

As far as donations, some forum flair or maybe a badge on my profile that's completely aesthetic would be 100% OK with me. Giving 'premium' features sometimes feels like it discourages younger users who may not have a job or as much money to donate.

To add on to the last point, I'd like to see a monthly progress bar for donations and maybe even add a list of users underneath who have pitched in the most money. Even the announcements at the top seem somewhat obtrusive, maybe put the progress bar on the frontpage in the sidebar somewhere. I think it would help us as users understand how much y'all need as well as incentivize users who don't use the forums often(like me) to donate when you guys are in need of extra $$.

So I know this is so minor, but I think it would be cool if when you changed your follow status on a manga it didn't force the whole page to reload, just the follow element.
Obviously this is easier depending on how your site is implemented, but if it were, say, a single page app, this would be pretty easy. You base it off the response of your controller to the follow status update to see if the update succeeded or not, but change it to match whatever was selected until you hear back (changing it back to what it was if it was rejected). It's generally better to handle things like that as side effects anyways for site efficiency.
As it stands, reloading the entire page for something so minor is kind of overkill.

Users who are viewing this thread