MangaDex Suggested Features: Megathread

Group Leader
Out of so many filters available, why there's still no filter option for this???? I don't wanna see any of these
DbdQRyF.jpg
and korean too

Would definitely like to see something to sort by popularity when searching for manga with the filters. By popularity, I mean things like average rating, # of views or even follows.

Dex-chan lover
Ello, isst possible to add "back to top" button when using long strip on reader mode?
HU4vPHw.png

I am a religious user of the long strip, this will help very much.

is a Reindeer
VIP
@MrKawaii It currently only exists on mobile. If you need an alternative while you wait, you can press the 'Home' or 'End' buttons on your keyboard and it will take you to the top or bottom of the page respectively.

Contributor
Would it be all right to add an "Educational" genre tag? I'm a bit surprised we don't have something close to it.

Contributor
With the addition of "themes", I think Isekai should be moved there since it's a setting trope rather than a genre like adventure. Isekai just establishes the setting rather than declaring any specific direction for the story.

hello guys could you add the ability to zoom in\out
that will be nice cuz some manga's have very small panel and its hard to read

Dex-chan lover
@Aruseus493 I'm pretty sure that we had this debate a while ago. Isekai is a genre because it is a set of themes that stories commonly use; any "person in a strange world" is classified as the isekai genre.

If we use your logic then yuri, yaoi, shoujo-ai, and shounen-ai, should be a theme of romance and not their own genres.
How about mecha into sci-fi?
How about tragedy into drama?
How about superhero into fantasy?
How about thriller and psychological into horror?

Plus, genres evolve over time. It's no surprise if we find their current usage to differ from the creator's original intentions. As long as the majority agrees with its current definition and usage, we can use the genre as is. In this case, the majority thinks that isekai should be a genre and not a theme.

@saaaad1 Bolding won't help so chill with the formats lol.

Also, if you're on mobile you can pinch to zoom in/out.
If you're on desktop, use ctrl (or cmnd) + scroll up/down to zoom in/out.

Hello, I dont know is it mentioned already or not. But I think a feature to reply by clicking user name rather than typing it manually is good.

Thanks!

@dandan_the_dandan bolding may increase people attention

also i try what you say long ago and i am using this method withe all the website i usually read on but on mangadex when i use this method the user interface become ugly and thats a shame sins mangadex happened to be the best interface among all the website"s

a proper zoom will be much appreciated and i hope they add it :)

Contributor
@DANDAN_THE_DANDAN

It's not really a "set of themes that stories commonly use" if the only important one is "person in a strange world". Just saying Isekai doesn't make sense as a thematic genre on the same line as romance.

Regarding your other examples:

* How about mecha into sci-fi? - Mecha is a trope. There's fantasy mecha too like Knights' & Magic.
* How about tragedy into drama? - Depends on the kind of tragedy I guess. It could be thrown under Drama as it's more of a sub-trope. But then you have to think about the series which could be tragedy without drama?
* How about superhero into fantasy? - Wouldn't Super Hero fall under Supernatural? Although trying to unravel supernatural and sci-fi is a mess in itself.
* How about thriller and psychological into horror? - Don't think those would roll well. Thrilling could not be horror and psychological just usually means it's about making the reader think a lot.

Again though, Isekai just means "person in a different world". There's not much thematically going on what the story has to be about. It's just used to establish the setting rather than the direction of the story. It doesn't even have to go to a fantasy world.

Contributor
@saaaad1

Crtl + zooms in
Ctrl - zooms out
Ctrl 0 reset zoom to normal

This isn't necessarily a site feature, but a normal function of your web browser, and will possibly meet your needs.

Edit: Nevermind, I just noticed someone else mentioned the same thing. Though I don't have any issues with the UI unless you're zooming beyond 150%, which shouldn't be necessary for most manga.

Dex-chan lover
Would it be possible to show the number of chapters available in the description when searching manga? It's nice to know how many chapters you can read without needing to open the manga page itself.

When browsing bookmarks/searching and viewing results in the manga cover format, you see your “reading” status. Now it’d be nice to see your own rating be beside the “reading” status as well.

Also, the ability to add a small (private) note to series on your list. Just so you
don’t come back every time and wonder why the heck you dropped a series, and have to reread to remember when it sucked.

I'd like to request that manga which for which you have selected a reading status should display whether you have read the most recently updated chapter. Bonus points if this honors your language filters for chapters. I'm aware that this already exists on the Updated pages and the chapter list when you click on a particular manga, but it would be nice to be able to see this on the title listing and followed title lists, such as the one in the screen shot above.

I'm sure this has been suggested before, but I haven't seen an obvious response to it.

Users who are viewing this thread