MangaDex Suggested Features: Megathread

Contributor
@Teasday No, I meant to just have a place to store like a number value or something. An onsite example would be if you were relying on the site to keep track of the manga, an the group decides to remove their works from the site. So what I'm proposing is the addition of a little text box to track chapters. So maybe like a notes section for MD List? It doesn't have to affect the current system at all.

An ability to sort things on your MDlist by date added, so your most recent additions appear at the top, not sure if it's already implemented but I can't find it.

Custom title
Staff
Developer
@Kisato If it's just an all-purpose note per user per manga, then that idea has been brought up and is considered, yeah. Even if we decide to do it, there's a lot of other more important stuff on the plate first, though.

Hi,
My sister read in single page rendering, and I use long strip.
When she links me something funny to look at, the link has a page number, but when I click the link I am automatically at page 1 because of long strip rendering.
So I need to scroll until the right page.

Please think about displaying the page a link is referring to when clicking a link, even in long strip mode.
Thank you.

chapter's page number automatically remember(bookmark) so you know which page you stop reading on that will be great

ed

Fed-Kun's army
Currently when clicking next page and next page had not managed to load yet, you're being redirected to a first page of a chapter.
My suggestion is that you stay on a same page when clicking next page, but it's not loaded yet. Or you're moving to a next page but it shows loading animation.

How about an option to hide chapters in other languages? It's very common for longer series with > 50 chapters to be translated into several languages and it ends up showing on the title page with several hundred chapters published. Besides, I don't speak Russian, Vietnamese or Spanish so having those languages showing is unnecessary as an end-user.

I think it would work out if on the user option we could choose either "don't show translations other than: (list)" or "show only translations in these languages: (list)" (maybe both?) with an extra option on the manga title page to "show chapters in other languages" if there are newer chapters in a language you have opted out. I thought about this last one after I saw that a Russian sub was making releases in both Russian and English but they gave up on their English releases and now no one is doing that series, so it gets easier for other subs to take the release if they want.

is a Reindeer
VIP
@Bronnergus It exists. Click the cog in the top right -> filter chapter languages -> select English to only show English

Sort releases by update date in searches (sorry for my poor english: Ordenar las publicaciones por fecha de actualización en las búsquedas)

is a Reindeer
VIP
@VeroOjou-sama Change to expanded list or simple list and you can sort by that

5aa63a3b56.png

Dex-chan lover
Anyway to block some specific mangas in home page, like tags? For example I don't want to see any phycological tag manga in home page.

is a Reindeer
VIP
No problem, we just get a lot of threads lol. I can't wait for it to be a feature too

It would be interesting to have statistics / graphs per manga on their title page. A simple line graph with data on views, follows, comment count, action changes in relation to time (which correlates to when chapters were uploaded) from when title page was first created to the current date.

Custom title
Staff
Developer
@LordZero25 posted:

Any plans on adding custom height?
I know that there is a setting for custom width but i need custom height. For now i made a script for setting max-width and max-height.

https://gist.github.com/LordZero25/4ed77aab499bbeb85a632f8ded3493fd

No plans for a specific setting, but I have been thinking of adding an input for custom CSS for people who don't want to bother with Stylus for some reason.

Anyway, this probably does the same thing:
Code:
.reader-main, .reader-images, .reader-image-wrapper, .reader-images img {
    max-height: 980px;
}

Can we switch title names by language, like [User interface language]? Literally suffering in finding stuff in reading list around all those Nidome-Nizome. At least Korean and Chinese novelists are considerate enough to have English name.

Users who are viewing this thread