MangaDex Suggested Features: Megathread

It'll be nice to have a bookmark feature similar to KM. Title, Latest Chapter, and a toggleable Read and Unread status option.

rdn

Forum Admin
Staff
Developer
@megumi_tadokoro did you check out the follows tab at the top? What is missing?

The reading-icons on read chapters appear as soon as you follow a manga.

How about to add comment section at sidebar? It'd be related to each page separately. Here's an example of similar implementation.
http://readmanga.me/fairytail__A1b916d/vol63/544#

I'd like to suggest things for the reader:

1. A link to the specific manga in the header.

2. Information about what chapter one is on in the header. So if I'm reading chapter 4, I'd like that information in the header.

3. A way to magnify the image

4. A way to toggle the header on and off because it takes up a lot of space, or the header disappearing as you scroll down because it takes I lot of vertical space.

Power Uploader
I want a feature added where Holo just slaps his asshole in my face whenever pages are loading.

Custom title
Staff
Developer
@mi17 posted:

I'd like to suggest things for the reader:
Those are all already in, except arguably 3. and even then there's the no resize option as well as your browser's native zooming capabilities.

Power Uploader
I want a feature where I become a trap so I can think I'm hot without it being gay.

Power Uploader
I also want an option to tell everyone to subscribe to SoggyTunaVA and Saltydkdan on YouTube.

@rdn Of course I did.
Rather than what's missing it's like what is NOT missing. IMO the chapters (except the latest one), comments, uploader, and views are unnecessary. We can all see those information at the manga page, it's redundant to include them at Follows. The first thing that should be seen in Follows is all the unread manga, with the least possible (tedious) scrolling.
Also, the read icon could have a better visibility. Maybe red for unread and green for read?

Custom title
Staff
Developer
@mi17 It's visible by default so I'm not sure what happened there, but good that it cleared things up.

So, is one of the planned updates to enable Update time to list ONLY by filtered chapters?
As in, listing by only English chapters, if my setting filters to show only those?

That would be REALLY helpful for when new chapters come out, so we only see the language we read!

Contributor
Any chance deleted chapters could link to the manga that the chapter was from? I keep track of quite a few manga using browser bookmarks instead of follows to keep my follows page from getting too crowded. When a chapter I have bookmarked is deleted (so far it's been because they were replaced by an updated version the couple of times I've had this happen) I have to use the search to get where I want to be. Not a big deal, but a link would be nicer.

Contributor
I know it's been suggested but it's been a fair while, and I'm wondering how high priority getting more links to legal distribution such as Ebookjapan on series pages is. It'd be a very helpful feature, and while amazon is a good option, digital stores are even better due to not needing to go through shipping. I think all in all the common ones are (and I'm sure this has been said by now):

Bookwalker
honto
EbookJapan
CDJapan (not digital, but a decent international service that's available in English)

Would love this implemented! MD is like the first site hosting a bunch of manga I can recall that even tries to make it simple to find actual means of supporting authors.

Custom title
Staff
Developer
@dylgramac posted:

Any chance deleted chapters could link to the manga that the chapter was from?
Not possible to implement this right now, but should be doable eventually.

Group Leader
A feature where scanlation groups can add thumbnails to chapters would be nice(this would be mainly useful for manhua)

MD@Home
Do we have sorting feature on search manga? Eg sort by view, alphabetical, follow count etc.

Users who are viewing this thread