MangaDex Suggested Features: Megathread

Fed-Kun's army
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned already, but it would be great if the follows list "last updated" feature did not include updates for languages that the user has set to be filtered out.

For example, I have one manga followed that has not updated in English for months, but it's getting frequent updates in Italian, so it keeps showing up as recently updated. I had "Filter Chapter Languages" set to only English, so I kept checking for the new chapter, but not seeing anything. I thought it was a bug until I checked with all languages enabled today and saw the Italian chapters, whose upload dates matched the dates the "last update" was telling me.

Dex-chan lover
It would be nice (a bit extreme maybe though) to have an option to filter out on the front page (like for tags) the chapters of a certain original language.

We’re getting spammed all day with manhua while actually very few of them are worth reading. (IMO)
I can’t even think of one that I like exept Tamen de gushi...

-our own activity logs
like comments, bookmarking, etc

-upvote/downvote comment or just "like" a comment

-"like" a chapter/title/comment

-share a title/chapter to social media

-scrollable manga description in detailed view

thanks for your consideration

Group Leader
+ Search feature for the forums

And my main question, the comments used to load all the comments on one page in reverse order. Now they only load like 15 or so, and if I want to see more I have to click on "load older comments" and then browse by page. Is there anyway to change it back to the way it used to be, or load them at once without having to page?

for the manga search function: option hide already following manga
to find new manga within your parameters.

On the follows page, recent updates list would be good if it only showed 5 or so of the most recent chapters, instead of a large list. I think this will be helpful because currently, I'm following 3 manga but 2 of those are duplicated in the list due the upload times. Once I add more, I imagine it will be even more difficult to find what I'm looking for with more titles duplicated.

Group Leader
Shouldn't the planned feature "Hide current page before switching to the next one." be updated or put in the "already implemented" list? I mean, that thread (thread/6001) was 10 months ago, and the reader was updated since. And switching pages goes quite smoothly right now

Has anyone suggested filtering for the random feature? It defeats the purpose of random a bit, but it would be nice if you could use it to narrow parameters. Maybe a "seen it" button?

IS it possible to have a tag or a line about links that says

*Anime Adaptation*: Yes/No

I like watching anime first and though its not really a big deal. I'd like to know if the manga has some sort of anime adaptation

I couldn't find this in the list, but there should be a Filtering option for manga that has scanlated chapters in the language that was chosen. An example would be when I search for a manga thats translated into English, and there hasn't been any Group to upload a chapter in English, it should not show in the Search Results if I chose to not show it.

So when I filter the language of chapters to only English, it will show that the time of the last updated English chapter. Which is great and happens on the PC. Hoewever, when I use safari on my iPhone, where I do most of my reading, regardless of that setting it will say the last updated time for whatever language was last released. So if I set my language preference to just English, and the last english update was 4 days ago, it will still say something updated (in a different language) a number of hours ago and nothing is there when I go to check (because of my filtering options). I have tried logging out and in, refreshing or closing my browser, changing my settings etc but nothing is fixing it

Fed-Kun's army
Is there a suggestion about additional counters/status?

Like how many comments you made? how many topics you created? how many people like or dislike you?

Group Leader
I'd be nice if we could see beyond just the top 10 manga. Like maybe top 100 highest rated manga.

It would be really neat to have a "moe" content tag. Though that would require some strict guidelines for what is moe and what isn't.

ed

How about series preview pop-up on the "Follows" page? Sometimes I don't remember what's the series is (or isekai title is too long) so I need to open a new page. I propose hovering over a followed series title should bring a small popup with a cover image and a description. And when cursor leaves series title, the popup disappears.

Users who are viewing this thread