I Can't Do That With My Former Student - Ch. 13

Dex-chan lover
I fail to see how "please don't" could be interpreted as "yes" in this situation.
She's not saying "please don't", she's saying "please don't tempt me anymore" at a point in time when the only things he's done are exist and be candid about his feelings. He is in straight seiza up to the point she says that.

That's not even getting into what "please don't" is supposed to be translated from. The original text-- again, this is being said while Shou is unflinchingly in seiza, hands still on his thighs-- is:

「ーしょう...くん.../お...おね...おね...がい.../これ以上...せっ.../先生をっ...ゆ...../誘惑にしないで...」

This translates to, roughly, "Shou... -kun/Pl-plea...plea...se/More than this... Se--/Don't te.....tempt Sensei...". You can clean up her completely annihilated resolve to render the line "Shou-kun, don't tempt Sensei any more than this...". I didn't have to dig up the Japanese for that page (and I resent going as far as to make a Twitter account to get access to this page), but there we are.

Again, she's this cooked while Shou has done nothing but exist and say words. Should he have left after she said that? Was he supposed to stop talking? Two chapters ago, she had an internal monologue about her all-but-obliterated resolve, and her desire to have Shou. But I'm supposed to read this, here, as "oh, she's saying no-- if Shou does any more than this, it's rape"?

No.

I'm not socially inept. I know people are capable of spontaneously having mutually desired sexual contact without anybody registering it as sexual assault at any point after. I've been there. Sometimes, you don't need requests for sexual contact notarized in triplicate. You shouldn't expectantly assume a "mood in the air", because you could just be projecting-- but it's absolutely possible that the both of you are chomping at the bit for sexual contact.

Physical reactions have nothing to do with it
I'd accept this if we were talking about a hypothetical person having an orgasm while in the middle of being raped.

However, we are talking about a woman who has failed to fight her burgeoning desire for a man (to the point that she's already admitted to herself to wanting to have him), being artistically depicted as getting a shock straight from her head, to her chest, and to her groin/ovaries, after that man did nothing but profess his desire for her to be his first-- and presumably, only-- woman.

That didn't involve any physical stimulation-- her reaction is her registering his words and being impressed by them on a psychological and physical level. Thus that shock coming from her brain and hitting her heart and groin/ovaries.

EDIT: I accidentally typed "tease" instead of "tempt".

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I’ve been debating this with myself for a while, but does this classify as grooming? The kid had feeling all on his own and she had a proper response to it. The only thing she didn’t account for was bro sticking to those feelings.

Anyway, holy peak.
You just answered your question. If she never intentionally did anything then it's not grooming.

Dex-chan lover
Sensei-- who is only capable of deflecting, rather than rejecting Shou-- has a noticeably burgeoning romantic and sexual interest in him that she can barely suppress in their interactions (and has all but given up suppressing in her privacy). Like, look at her body language on the penpenultimate and penultimate pages of this chapter. Look at her verbal language. Tell me that's the same as what happened with Shou, with a straight face and pants not on fire.
(This is just a joke...)

That's the same as what happened with Shou. This IS my straight face and I'm not wearing pants.

Dex-chan lover
She could literally be dripping "juice" onto the floor into a puddle and still not be giving consent.
Outside of an overwrought PSA, why do you think an author would venture to indicate something as hyperbolic as that to the reader without it being meant as an indication of sexual desire that would be appropriate for the other party to act on?

Dex-chan lover
c56x6kjqaaaa.jpg

Dex-chan lover
Sometimes, you don't need requests for sexual contact notarized in triplicate.
There are actually people in this thread who believe this. That actually think they need signed forms before having sexual contact. Either because they were indoctrinated that way, or out of fear of reprisal.

But don't take my word for it. Just look at the replacement fertility birth rates / single individuals of childbearing age / age of first marriage demographics.
We're really going to have to fix this sort of runaway self-destructive cultural activism, or else open up migration. Countries existences are literally hinging on it.

Dex-chan lover
Outside of an overwrought PSA, why do you think an author would venture to indicate something as hyperbolic as that to the reader without it being meant as an indication of sexual desire that would be appropriate for the other party to act on?
To show her internal "moral" vs "physiological" conflict (based on what SHE considers "wrong"). In this same chapter she already told him that his erection was a physiological reaction that he didn't have control over. Here she is feeling a VERY strong attraction to him but IN HER BELIEF it would be immoral for her to accept him.

Dex-chan lover
To show her internal "moral" vs "physiological" conflict (based on what SHE considers "wrong").
Hyperbolic depictions of sexual arousal like massive electric shocks from the head to the crotch and making puddles of vaginal lubricant where you sit, are in absolutely no way meant to indicate a "moral vs physiological conflict". They are meant to aggressively emphasize the severity of a state of sexual arousal in a manner that is sensually overwhelming and borderline comedic for the reader, nearly to the exclusion of anything else on account of them being exaggerative.

To illustrate further: Shou inadvertenly pitching a tent after Fujieda flashed him is conducive to illustrating the conflict you speak of. If all 19 inches of Shou's wiener ripped out from his pants at Mach 2, it would cease to be that.

In this same chapter she already told him that his erection was a physiological reaction that he didn't have control over.
Shou doesn't have any kind of romantic affection for Fujieda, who flashed him. Sensei already admitted to wanting to have Shou two chapters ago, and is now reacting to some words Shou said.

These are not even in the same ballpark of premise.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Hyperbolic depictions of sexual arousal like massive electric shocks from the head to the crotch and making puddles of vaginal lubricant where you sit, are in absolutely no way meant to indicate a "moral vs physiological conflict". They are meant to aggressively emphasize the severity of a state of sexual arousal in a manner that is sensually overwhelming and borderline comedic for the reader, nearly to the exclusion of anything else on account of said emphasis.

Shou doesn't have any kind of romantic affection for Fujieda, who flashed herself at him. Sensei already admitted to wanting to have Shou two chapters ago, and is now reacting to some words Shou said.

These are not even in the same ballpark of premise.
You asked for a reason that the author might have put this into the manga if not to indicate that MC should make a move on FMC and I gave you one. We can disagree about if that was the intent all you want.

I don't want to continue a meaningless flame war so let's just say you won.

Dex-chan lover
Clearly written by a female author... unfamiliar with how guys work.
"Shinichirou" is a guy's name, and MangaUpdates has him listed as "male" as of the time of this post (currently, he's conflated with a "Naruse Yoshiki"). Though, to be fair, it also had Kotoyama listed as "female" for a time, and the name could as well be a pseudonym.

(Maybe MangaUpdates needs to start sourcing its category labels and creator data... there's this matter, but also the matter of where where the "Josei" categorization comes from, since demographic categories don't appear to be standard for web comics and I wasn't able to find the demo label on the comic's site.)

We can disagree about if that was the intent all you want.
There's nothing to disagree on-- having to dig up the Japanese script excerpt from earlier, I ended up seeing the the sneak peeks on Twitter.

At the absolute least, they are marching to the brink of sex.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I’ve been debating this with myself for a while, but does this classify as grooming? The kid had feeling all on his own and she had a proper response to it. The only thing she didn’t account for was bro sticking to those feelings.

Anyway, holy peak.
Grooming requires power imbalance and intent of the stronger one to groom the weaker one for whatever purposes it may be, be it sexual/relationship, growing an heir for a kingdom or else.

There was no intent. Plus kids have crushes on people older than them all the time. Rarely hard enough to stick to it though

Dex-chan lover
But I'm supposed to read this, here, as "oh, she's saying no-- if Shou does any more than this, it's rape"?
Final two points, because I don't want to derail this further. You should have started with the translation argument, as it's the strongest one by far.

But.

Using the term "rape" here is a strawman, because that's not what we're talking about. The issue is only consent, it's hard to read her statement (even with your alternative translation--that's an argument to be had between you and Danke) as anything but "go no further." Rational or not, bitchy or not, there is zero way to interpret her words as somehow permitting MC to stick his tongue down her throat.
her reaction is her registering his words and being impressed by them on a psychological and physical level
Maybe this is the source of the entire argument. See, I (and probably everyone else who had an issue with MC's act) don't read this as a change in her psychological state at all, assuming we're using "psychological" to refer to the rational mind able to give consent. A brain to groin shock can also be reasonably read as entirely a physical reaction. Maybe since you've seen the raws you know for a fact that it turns out differently, but at this point in time we in the audience don't know for certain what the shock represents--and MC is even worse off, since he wouldn't be in a position to see her thoughts in the slightest.

All this to say that MC is culpable from a moral perspective, since he's almost as guilty with his actions as his friend. It could even make for a better story, though we have to deal with more of an ick factor.

Does anyone know where to find the raws? Can someone link them or spoil if she accepts his feeling? I keep seeing people say it’s going to get spicy but I’m not sure what’s happening.

Users who are viewing this thread