I Can't Say No to the Lonely Girl - Vol. 2 Ch. 10

Dex-chan lover
Hahah, those two preempting the comments section!
Great chapter, thanks for the translation!
The dinosaurs were having FAR too much fun hahaha

Dex-chan lover
Soon the entire school will be in the know supporting Sakurai slowly stubble her way into being in gal pals with Honda

Fed-Kun's army
Everyone that say that the mangaka should be weary of the risk of being axed because he didn't put them together now, should understand something. If he made them into a couple now, then the manga would have reached it's end. The couple is the destination, them getting together is the traveling to get there. Once it's reached there's nothing more to follow. So just take time to enjoy the ride.

Dex-chan lover
Lol not gonna lie I flipped my phone when she said her most awaited confession.she got her friendzoned.well I don't mind if she take baby steps I'm used with this slow burned phase.*cough*oujisama nante iranai*has trained me for this.
Also new wingwoman has entered the chat.XD.sora and ayaka gonna be the captain and anchor of this ship lol.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE TRANSLATIONS ❤❤❤😇

Group Leader
I can't be disappointed with this turn of events because this chapter gave us PPTP cosplay lol

Still, that was wholesome.
Morinaga tho, she doing God's work... too bad she got blocked haha

@Saellanya that's actually my problem with the approach the mangaka took here. Or to be precise, I have to problem with this approach.

First of all, I agree that most romance mangas end when you reach the confession. But that's exactly what I dislike, why should it have to be that way ?
There are a few mangas out there where after the couple get together the author still find tons of things to tell in his story. There are not a lot of them, but they do exist and I find them to be much more interesting in general.
I just really dislike that idea that, somehow, once you reach the point where they get together there's nothing more to enjoy. As if relationships were boring, and only their journey to become a couple was interesting. While actually there are tons of interesting things to write about couples : how they get to know each others as a couple, the misunderstandings, the lover quarrels, the reconciliations, the wholesome moments, getting to know each other's family etc etc.
I really don't know why so many authors seems to believe that writing about an established couple is boring and that only they should only write about the part that leads to the relationship. And throughout the chapter I expected that the author would take a different approach... Just to be met with the super cliché "I actually didn't realize that I love her ahah". It's really frustrating tbh.

The other problem that I have is that this just feels... Forced. As if the author was trying to extend artificially the romance, as if he/she was trying to gain some more time.

I still really like this manga, and this couple is really cute, but I must say I'm a quite disappointed in the direction the author took.

2m7slt.jpg

p29: I took a moment and got myself ready to be disappointed.
p30: I got disappointed, but its okay, I was ready for it, so I didn't feel it.
p33: Yes, my hopes are up, forget about disappointment, its happening!
p34: Despite all my readiness to be disappointed I was bitterly and cruelly disappointed with my hopes crushed.
Its like the author knew most readers would be ready for disappointment, but wanted to disappoint the readers anyway. Why do you do this? Why does the Geneva convention not cover this? This is just cruel.

Dex-chan lover
At some point of this chapter the flow of the conversation was like it is the final chapter.
So I'm not even dissapointed with this cliche "let's be friends instead of confession" bcs at least it is not the final chapter.

KZO

Dex-chan lover
I literally threw my glasses to the ground in page 30, not even all the cosplays were enough to salvage this chapter.

Users who are viewing this thread