I Don't Want to Become Crown Princess! - Ch. 4

@hollow7F
no, the contraceptive doesn't protect against getting the flower, only protects against having kids.
that being said, he does get a lot less creepy after these first few chapters

Double-page supporter
Well interesting to see things from his perspective

@Ushiokaze
I thought the royal flower was just their way of saying he impregnated her... so then what is the royal flower

woman cant or wont be able to marry cause they arent virgin anymore but the prince defiled many girls before so whats the difference? yeah men rules^^

from someone who has read the novel. i promise the princes reasoning is actually developed and made clear. is he hell possessive and kinda creepy? lol yep, but he does explain himself and actually does try and respect her opinions and feelings
roughly speaking, the royal flower acts as a stabiliser for royals magic power (idk how you would work this out with a royal princess but w/ever) the royal family is overflowing with magic to the point that, if they dont have the royal flower, they go insane and literally explode. so its not an optional thing. its been a while since ive read the other bit but, the royal lineage comes from a god turned human, and one of the side parts of that is when they find, i guess the best word would be mate, they latch on and cant really let go, the consort system exists for cases where this mate wasnt a virgin

the virgin stuff is dumb but also its actually a core part of the plot lmao

@hina_sw @SleepyAbra
the royal flower is a flower that shows up like a tattoo just above the breast of the princess consort
The royal flower is given by 'reciting' (prince does it in his head) a spell during sex, the princess consort MUST be a virgin for this spell to work. If she is not a virgin, the flower doesn't manifest. This is especially bad since the royal flower can only be given once and the misfire counts as giving it without any of the added benefits that Onibi mentioned.

But what made the Prime Minister think the Crown Prince will make her happy though???
Surely, it's not because he's royalty he seems better than that.
I need an explanation.

Dex-chan lover
Wow. He's never slept well before this? Just how crazy is is libido?

...I guess, crazy enough for harems to be a tradition, I guess. You'd think with someone like this heading the country, the bedroom culture would be...different.

Dex-chan lover
@Strowy
The prince implied that he knocked her up which is what the whole thing about the "Royal Flower" was all about. It's fucked up because she wouldn't be able to run away and or refuse.

/comes in with popcorn knowing how people who have never read the novel will think based off the first few chapters.

As an fan of the work, YES what Freed does is super sketch of looked outside of the usual "fall in love at first sight so now you're mine" trope, a trope that won't always sit well with people. But like Ushiokaze has explained, there are legitimate reasons as to why things are the way they are for Freed. It might not make certain actions agreeable, but it's not because of dubious character morality like it is in some works.

But yeah, not surprised if some people don't like the forceful nature. Everything works because it's Lidi and Freed, but it could have had a very different development. I won't say more, I just wanted to comment to help encourage those who are feeling repulsed by Freed's action to at least wait until they explain his family's heritage.

Also, the whole masquerade wasn't Freed's idea. Last chapter it was already explained he hated it and was basically doing it for survival. Those who are flippantly saying he's attending them have apparently forgotten that key fact: he DOESN'T like it, and this was going to be his last attendance regardless if he had met Lidi or not.

Double-page supporter
@Foreverkidd The Royal Flower isn't pregnancy not that Freed didn't fully intend to have knocked her up on their first time together
good thing she came prepared with the only available female contraceptive in that magical world which impressed Freed
, the Royal Flower is
literally a magical mark the men of Royal family leaves on their chosen partner, they can only do it once, and if the partner they try to leave it on isn't a virgin it fails and they would not be able to ever leave one. Also something about the magic preventing the woman from cheating, which is kind of a double standard since the guy could still sleep around.

Users who are viewing this thread