I Fell in Love, so I Tried Livestreaming. - Ch. 38 - Heat Rising Summer

Dex-chan lover
@3ds1234 True, completely true. But I didn't read the end, only watched the anime, so I'm fine with it. I've read summaries of what happens after, so I understand.

Dex-chan lover
Takane best girl.
Vina bestest girl.

Mangaka is rising all these redflags on Takane is not even a joke.
Please kill the trap.

In order to raise the flag more higher, he needs to be more denser... the denser he is, the higher the flags he rise

Now, all three girls have their flag raise at the higher peak.. what will their next action?
-lower the flag (confession)
-rise in another height? (give him obvious hints for the third party will notice, not by him)

Dex-chan lover
Goddamn Takane is so much better than the other two and she isn't even in the bowl. Also the two guys needs to do something in the plot, why do they even exist?

Fed-Kun's army
I hate that trap dude so much. Can we just delete him from the story? Like, have him has his parents find out about his crossdressing habit and disown him and then get him kicked out the dorm. I honestly just hate that bastard!..

The author really looked at the potential of the manga and decided to throw it in the trash, didn't they?
I've never felt so clickbaited in my life.

Dex-chan lover
@uchiha007 I hope so, the story becoming a bisexual harem was the selling point for me, but 38 chapters in and we haven't gotten anything.

Trap-kun is making all the wrong moves

@comeonnow0

I seriously don't see it as a good deconstruction of anything as we know that the author got pissed with the publisher half way through and just blew all the good faith of the readers.

It doesn't have the obvious hints of it unlike say Madoka had for magical girls.

AAAAAAaaaaaand there is no hope the livestreaming part becomes relevant ever again.

Oh well, a shame, i guess.

Dex-chan lover
Why the hell do people want a harem ending? The girls deserve better than that. Male MC is a boring lump.

NTR ending please.

Dex-chan lover
@ZeroSum Bear in mind that when I say I enjoyed it as a deconstruction of the harem genre, I'm specifically referring to the anime. Yes, I know that the books continued after that point and that it got worse, but my enjoyment is only of the anime. Again, I have read summaries of how bad it gets afterwards.

I see it as a deconstruction because it shows the actual effects of an unwanted harem. As a bonus, it actually stayed true to the title/basic premise. We had the MC who was specifically looking for friends because his scary look warded people off (very similar to this series; almost like there's no creativity). Then he actually gets friends, and they just so happen to be females. Unfortunately for him, they all start to develop romantic feelings for him. So far, straightforward stock harem genre. The best part was the ending of the anime, where after one confession, the MC freaks the hell out and ditches them for multiple days/weeks.

Eventually, Rika calls him out on it and is actually very reasonable. I'm making an aside, but holy shit, I rarely see that level of reasonability in anime/manga. She's like, yeah, it's fine that you freaked out. It's fine that you ditched for a bit. It's not fine that you left for so long. It's not fine that you went to hang out with people that you know we strongly dislike. Then Kodaka's response was great. He literally tells her fuck you, I never wanted this shit to happen. I literally just wanted friends all along. This is all paired with the fact that we learned that he always pretended to be dense because he wanted to ward off romantic feelings from others, because he knew that would collapse their friendship.

TL;DR I see the anime specifically as a deconstruction because it actually shows the bad effects of an unwanted harem in a fairly reasonable way.

Contributor
ignorethetitle.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread