I Love Amy - Ch. 43 - Prom Night

Dex-chan lover
Yup they need to go to a therapy together. But besides that, i'm legitly (but silently) screaming!!!!!!!! OH MY GODDDDDD:glee: Thank you very much for translating!! What a feeling oh my god

Dex-chan lover
I've loved this story so much. Seeing the kiss made me very happy. It's kind of funny that Bibi was exactly who/what Amy needed. She shot down every insecurity Amy brought up like it was nothing
It's funny that bibi's lack of social skills is better for amy than camilla.

"Alright you suck at life... who f-ing cares. Just let me love you dummy."

Fed-Kun's army
IMG_2671.png

I can’t recall, does anyone know if she’s referring to a specific moment?
Does anyone recall this part? I am re-reading this for the third time but still cannot find it :(

Dex-chan lover
This manhwa is such an emotional rollercoaster, bingeing the entire series on one go I'm about have an heart attack

Fed-Kun's army
Who knew sociopathy was a gift... Not plagued with "what if"s and "selfness acts"/"martyr complex" that actually hurts the ones you love the most.

Double-page supporter
I love this chapter because it shows Bibi is not just an evil yandere caricature or mindlessly obsessive. She's really smart and perceptive, because she loves to manipulate people. She's quite aware of her mental illness, and that gives her emotional intelligence that the other characters don't have. She has no patience for Amy's self hatred, because she can only think of the world in absolute truths: herself, and things that can benefit her. As far as she's concerned, Amy's literally the best thing to happen to her life, and she realizes this, and in her little sociopathic way she has learned how to care for someone else in her life for the first time. It's really good character writing that doesn't simply deride mental sickness as a character flaw.

Fed-Kun's army
Wow... Just wow... I'm almost at a loss for words... :pepehmm:
Psych here comes an essay ;)

My ranting thoughts​

Bibi​

It is surreal to see sage/logical wisdom that would come from sane/philosophers exit Bibi's mouth. I mean we have seen that while she is detached from normal emotions and unable to discern right from wrong (psychopathic) and is emotionally incompetent/not self-aware, she is actually very intelligent and cunning and has everything else going for her. When she says "Amy, there's no point in speculating" and goes over examples explaining how what ifs, speculating, is useless and overall harmful to our future and mental health. She then proceeds to open up and say that it was her that was there and that she ended up choosing in the end so speculation doesn't matter and mental wellness doesn't matter to her either (Closest she has come to verbally confessing her love so far).

Then her matter-of-fact/simplistic view of if you're not the type of person I deserve then become that type of person for yourself and me I want you with her quote "Then, you should just become that type of person! Instead of looking for someone who's more capable of caring for me, why don't you become them? I can wait for you until you become this type of person, no matter how long it takes because I want to see you happy". This goes leaps and bounds toward what could be considered real-life true love, which is something that you have to work for constantly it doesn't just fall into your lap and everything is perfect. This shows great emotional growth on Bibi's part (plus she's obsessive so she wants what she wants 😅). Her development goes even further away from classic yandere tendencies with the line "Although it'd be perfect if it was just the two of us, the more people you have around you the more you'll shine for a long time to come", she breaks away from total possessiveness and acknowledges that she is better when surrounded by loved ones who make her better (a very healthy thing for a relationship).

Amy​

Earlier Camilla was talking and asking why go through the trouble of being with Bibi if she knows that she is dangerous and a bad person and Amy said something to the effect of "Even so I want to see Bibi happy" so this seems to be this stories version of I love you. All this time Amy was repressing and scared of her feelings of loving another person caused by knowing that abusive tendencies could be passed down and that was strengthened by Joy's poor comment on not loving "guys" (or anyone) to avoid heartbreak towards an impressionable young girl. This suppressed Amy's ability to learn and grow to seek a healthy relationship and learn to love from her experiences so she went along loving someone who she thought could never love her back as a safe option.

In the end, I'm sure she just wanted to be loved and to love, to hear "I want to see you happy" from someone she genuinely cared for and not worry about the consequences and expectations of others. We see that she must have some low self-worth, that she is emotionally and mentally aware of her condition, and that she is mentally sick. Now she needs to take Bibi's words to heart, face herself and her aunt, and get help (professional help) to change and become more mentally stable. (She should really get Bibi in as well once she can handle herself 😅):worry:

TLDR:​

This was cute, Bibi surprised me and has come a long way as a person from the beginning, this is adorable and healed my soul! Yuri forever!

Fed-Kun's army
This is one of my favorite GLs out of every GL I have read. I know every manga or manhwa, has its own charm, but this one really hits differently for me. Cute art style with a dark past. PERFECT.:clap::thumbsup::wooow:

Like I've reread this three times now.

Users who are viewing this thread