I Love You, as a Friend - Vol. 1 Ch. 3 - A Friend You Can't Touch

Dex-chan lover
Well i guess they were right. The shittier a manga is, the shittier the comment section will be.

What kind of parent does she have that made her think like that? Poor girl 🥺
Anyway i love this manga , it touch on an interesting theme that other manga don't usually talk about

I'm starting to smell forced drama.
lets hope that the author takes it down the healing path instead of the dreaded 'hurr hurr bullying suicide and depression lol!' route

Fed-Kun's army
what a shit show of a comment section. It's still the third chapter so too early to make any calls. we don't know why the girl act the way she does? or what the lad is so obsessed with rules?

or there could be no good reason? idk care much at the momeng. It was hilarious to watch two polar opposite

Dex-chan lover
another nice chapter thank you i'm interested to see where this will go

Fed-Kun's army
I feel like this chapter really helped establish the two main characters. It's obvious that there's something fundamentally wrong with the fem-lead and that she's becoming self-aware of it and the male lead seems to have a caring side to foil his rational side he displays. This could lead to a good healing manga but these type of mangas are notorious for having forced drama or having something happen that just ruins it i.e. NTR or contrived bs.

I really didn't like the fem-lead because her slutty attitude felt really forced but, like I mentioned earlier, this chapter really fleshed out that something happened to her and she equates physical intimacy to be above all else when forming connections with people regardless of sex which is why we're shown that she probably has next to no female friends but a lot of male friends because of how relations work at that age and how each sex reactions to such a thing (Men typically react better to physical intimacy than women even if it's something a subtle as saying bye while placing a hand on someone's shoulder but if it's something like getting their ass slapped by the opposite sex teenage boys react way better than teenage girls.)

This manga has a lot of potential and I'm hoping the author really hammers home just how nuance relationships between the sexes and even within the sexes can get. I wouldn't be surprised of a damaged good route but I really hope we stay within reality and don't steer into contrived bs drama every other chapter territory.

Dex-chan lover
>no genki gf
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Dex-chan lover
i was hoping for this kind of development. i like the dude. he thinks with his head first before making any decisions but he's not cold or manipulative.

glad i stuck around.

Aggregator gang
All the cool and intelectual harem isekai readers complaining about a manga? Must be something worth to read then.

Group Leader
@Mikhail
Say it with me:
DAMAGED
GOODS

You're right! The guy musta been through some kind of traumatizing experience to turn out the way he has. Probably an over-strict, narrow-minded, heartless father that treated his mother like damaged goods.

Dex-chan lover
With manga like this one you're damned if you do and damned if you don't in regards to defending the female lead. People in real life with promiscuity similar to hers, of course, don't always (or even most of the time) have some sort of tragic backstory that explains why they turned out the way they did, but this is a fictional story, and I'm sure that the female lead's personality will have something worth understanding. Tbh I'm personally not at all fond of moral degeneracy, but people do everything for a reason.

Dex-chan lover
This girl seems emotionally unstable.

The guy seems genuinely nice though, all things considered.

It’s crazy how there’s a lot of people who don’t like this manga only because the FL fucks around with other guys

There’s a ton of manga I’ve read where theirs a fuckboy who falls for an innocent or rule heavy girl and it never gets this type of hate (it’s a generic plot at this point)lmao

(I ain’t going to lie though; that kiss I’m chp 1 rubbed me the wrong way lol) but I still enjoy the story a lot, I hope we don’t get love rivals or unnecessary drama( they will most likely happen lol)

Dex-chan lover
@trapsarebetter aren't they both main characters? They're both the focus of the story and we get both of their perspective equally. You're talking as if the guy is a side character when both are obviously main characters.

I think there's a word that describe them both as the protagonist, but I don't remember.

Contributor
One of the possible signs of early childhood sexual abuse is using sexual contact to 'make friends'. We learn how to socialize from the adults around us growing up. And if one of those adults withheld affection if they were not allowed to do certain things... it tends to skew your view of interpersonal relationships.

Users who are viewing this thread