I Love You, as a Friend - Vol. 1 Ch. 3 - A Friend You Can’t Touch

Dex-chan lover
Aight development moving properly and establishing the fmc actually has some issues is a quality move. I'm now invested.

Dex-chan lover
Sexual harassment is literally in the pages. I literally can't. I don't know what to say.

Whelp I guess Its okay because she's >:3
(I'm joking, I know a lot of people will still think this though)

I'm so glad that the author's going the route that she's broken (I think). From what we have so far, she's been used, abused, or mistreated in every relationship and hasn't been able to get into a healthy one to understand why the ML is denying her normal social routines and why it makes her feel more than the other people who seek her attention.

Building someone up from a very bad situation, by treating them like a person, is a lovely dynamic.

Of course I'll probably find out 5 chapters later that the author is not being this deep and I'm setting myself up for disappointment...

I love how the male MC is teaching her how to establish HEALTHY boundaries and I enjoy reading how she REFLECTS on her patterns of behavior.

Dex-chan lover
Considering how sexual abuse at an early age can lead to improper knowledge about sexual and relational boundaries and excessive promiscuity, it makes me wonder if the author will try to explore her past more considering they’re going in the direction that she’s broken in some way.

Dex-chan lover
Props to the MC for realizing his mistake right away. He's doing well so far

Aggregator gang
Is her mental age 3? She acts like she was cloned from someone but just getting used to how world works

Dex-chan lover
Ok, this opinion may not be really liked but, I don't see how are we supposed to feel "sorry" or "sad" towards the female MC if they keep showing her as a stupid character that has no idea how to properly act in society. It's the same issue that Meguro-san's manga has: it is patronizing towards women who sleep around a lot. They seem to portray every women who sleeps around as some sort of idiot that was either "broken" or that does not know how to act.

It is kind of astonishing to me that some people here read this manga as if it was changing the typical sexist roles seen in manga; honestly, it's not doing shit. Women who sleep around don't have to have "emotional trauma" or act like literal children in order to "justify" their actions; they don't have to be justified. This, coupled wih the pushiness and harassment of the character tends to rub me the wrong way lol, as I find her really unlikable. But hey, I love the artstyle, and I am curious towards where this plot is going, so let's see how it develops...

@LouisTheLuis My understanding is that she isn't supposed to be just "someone who sleeps around" but someone with a legitimate case of nymphomania or some other sex-related disorder, though to differentiate the author would likely have to introduce a largely psychologically healthy and promiscuous counterpart. Here's hoping.

To be fair though, nymphomania is a bit of a bitch to get a handle on as it is often misused as a symptom diagnosis and, like so many other conditions, is used differently by the general population. Spastic, nympho, autistic, etc., etc.

I agree with you about the role thing. Most sexual aggressors in manga are female, so I don't even understand the argument that this would be a role reversal in context. Maybe with a gritty realistic art style, it would manage, but as is, it doesn't stand out on those grounds. Too cartoony to make us think it is playing by IRL rules rather than manga logic, though I also like the style.

Fed-Kun's army
now i feel bad for both them but she better fix her behavior wtf that's sucks man

Users who are viewing this thread