I Love You, as a Friend - Vol. 1 Ch. 6 - Declaration of Intent

Aggregator gang
@Tearsax

It's a very Asian, or rather, traditional, form of friendship ha ha. Its got its advantages and its disadvantages, as can be clearly seen.

Aggregator gang
@honeysun

Hmm, I don't think it's making them out as evil...just...normal. They've got a solid social reason to not like a morally ignorant, socially ignorant, but otherwise nice girl. Girls are quite often like that, and being more communal creatures, especially have trouble with odd ducks. Autistic girls in particular suffer because they "can't read the room" and other girls basically shut them out because who wants a detective freak who can't even speak with you properly? Guys on the other hand are all a little obsessive about something, and more tolerant of individuals nkt being "socially appropriate" (let alone it leads to sex!)

As you can tell, though, being a very singular person, the class president is less off put by individual absurdity.

Dex-chan lover
@Boomthorkell People behaving like that because its an easier way to deal in our society is one thing, but people openly thinking that that is the right way to behave is super sad xDDD

Aggregator gang
@Tearsax

Ha ha, that I wouldn't disagree with. Most people at least try to butter it up with some "clearly this deviant supports an awful heresy" kind of talk to justify the social exclusion, rather than literal "WOW, THEY REALLY DON'T ACT EXACTLY LIKE US!"

Dex-chan lover
I still don't think she actually slept around. It may very well and all be cliche but so far we have seen nothing beyond her being accused of something and (now having been quite thoroughly shown to be) airheadedly confirming it. Feels more and more likely that her attempts to connect made guys get the wrong idea and then the girlfriends of said guys calling out their sus behavior toss it on her and not their boyfriend because reasons.

Dex-chan lover
I mean, those students aren't wrong. She is aiming for the president.

And she did confirm that she has had sexual relationships with several men, albeit in her airhead >:3 way but she did confirm it. She indeed connected with them in one or another.

I'm rooting for Sensitive guy but we all he's going to lose. I know they're not going to touch in this but what about the VP duties that would have to be done, she obviously is not up to it.

Dex-chan lover
“No normal person would vote for her, right?” Guess I ain’t a normal person.

Love her or hate her, Sanako's spitting straight facts about that 15 second video clip thing.

Also, nice: 69th comment

Dex-chan lover
Poor that other guy: nobody remembers him.
Also what kind of friendship forbids dirty jokes? Unbelievable.

Aggregator gang
Lol poor other guy. President not only ignores him but helps the rival. Can't blame if he thinks he hates him

Dex-chan lover
Manga like this is sometimes frustrating because it doesnt really address the issue. Like nobody has ever told her why people don't wanna be friends with her?
So like yea the story is being presented as cute when in fact it isn't, because the elephant in the room isn't being addressed.
That elephant was all but addressed in the first chapter, and is all but addressed in how Yuito interacts with Sanako in general-- even if it's not directly aimed at getting people to like her.

Dex-chan lover
@Kami_yato bro you still stuck on that? Obviously sexual harassment is awful, even with a girl towards a guy. But with societal norms mixed with her utterly inept airheadness lead her to believe she wasn't doing anything wrong. Mc knows this, and is choosing to help her as she earnestly attempts to better herself and learn. If you can't understand GTFO because you're clearly too dense to understand nuance. She hasn't even touched him in a while.
Oh wow, someone with an actual working brain, it's rare for me to see people use their logic instead of their fragile feelings

Dex-chan lover
I find it funny how there's people here STILL hung up on her being a thot, which was like ch 1-3, however the only thing she actually cares about rn is to be close to the MC, being his friend and she's actually putting in some effort to make that happen

Y'all need to learn how to get over shit

Dex-chan lover
Dude she fucking sucks, she utterly annoying. How can anyone support her, where she just sexually harrass for her own gain
All I see is crying here, you're acting like she personally disrespected you or bullied you

It's just a drawing, she's not real

Users who are viewing this thread