I Love You, as a Friend - Vol. 2 Ch. 9 - Lunchbox

Dex-chan lover
@someunregpunk @Hejti Same. I already had some doubts about what she was doing since we didn't have any actual confirmation, but at this point, after seeing how dumb she really is, it really makes me wonder if she even knows what a blowjob is, let alone what she was implying.

@bigtiddyoneesan I had covid. What they don't tell you about the "not tasting food" thing is that it doesn't just make everything tasteless, it makes everything taste like charcoal.

Dex-chan lover
I do agree that Sanako really reads as Autistic. I can speak from the view of an Autistic person that Autistic people can, and do, know what sex is. And sometimes we latch onto weird ways in order to make people like us, since we can't do it as naturally as others. And for Sanako, she likely latched onto sex and lewd things in order to make people like her. Which is why, early on, she thought it'd be a good idea to grope a random girl in order to become friends with her.

I hate how I am all of these three characters all at once.
It's a great depiction of high functioning ASD / ADHD / developing BPD kind of characters and how they're all unique and have their own struggles and ways of working through problems for better or worse.
This manga is somehow so straightforward and honest but still shows these characters so well, it's very unique in that

i wonder what's the story of the mayuri girl.
@Obscxrity after your comment..it makes a lot of sense..as she said that..she has a hard time connecting with people..and with the guy's 10 second rule, it's relly helping her out

reu

Dex-chan lover
This made me break my streak of half a year of not drinking

@noayosei That's because the 3 characters exemplify 3 theoretical aspects of the human mind. Hase represents Id, the animal brain, the primitive and instinctual interactions, including things related to sex and aggression. Mayuri represents super ego, the moral conscience exemplified in her empathy with Hase and resonance with her speech. Yuito represents ego, the rational and organized portion of the mind that acts as the mediation between the Super Ego and Id.

You'll see this pattern a lot in stories. The common thread would be an overly rambunctious protagonist, a incredibly empathetic/emotional supporting side character, and then a rival or friend who is incredibly cold and calculating (see Naruto, Bleach, One Piece etc).

Fed-Kun's army
@Hejti

It's cause your comment is literally, "I'm going to ignore the entire point of this manga and everything the author has written, because I don't want to believe she isn't pure. Yeah, I'm going to ignore literally anything she has said or done, especially to the MC." I mean, even other manga like this exist, with "It's not Meguro-San's First Time" being one such.

Dex-chan lover
A... A good girl! But you know... She is a bit naive. In the real world, and surely within her real world, you would surely need to employ some sort of deception if you want to do what you like while still being within society's expecting eyes.

But hey. She is still a pretty good character with potential to go to different direction.

I'm kinda having a hard time understanding Mayuri's personality but what I do know is that she's not judgmental to our girl :>

Double-page supporter
Wow mayuri's such a good girl, kinda glad to see that even if her friends aren't really comfortable with Sanako, they're understanding of Mayuri wanting to be friends with her and willing to help out where they want to with that.

Dex-chan lover
Bro Mayuri is such a nice girl.

Man this is so realistic and still so cute, also I like our boy, is hard to find a mc that's is actually likeable in this kind of manga.

btw it's just me or sanako could actually be autistic? I mean she kinda looks like one with his personality and his problems with social interactions with others, tho is a manga, weird personality's like her are quite usual.

thanks for the chapter!

Users who are viewing this thread